How to be wise

Member P3
  • Content count

    3,316
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by How to be wise

  1. @ajasatya but how do you heal and grow exactly? Surely just being in the marriage is not enough.
  2. @ajasatya Sorry for misunderstanding. I wonder what kind of technique you use to grow yourself using your marriage. For me, I use The Work of Byron Katie.
  3. @LeoBacca I do my self-inquiry practice three times a day. I got that idea from Leo’s Islam video, where he said that Muslims pray five times a day in order to keep their faith strong. In the same way, doing self-inquiry three times a day keeps my mind focusing on this all day. As for duration, it’s about 30 mins per session.
  4. @Aakash Check out the book ‘Loving What Is.’ Lol, why is that specific to just marriage. All of life is about showing you what thoughts you are attached to. There’s no where you can go were you can escape your mind. Even an empty desert. I agree that marriage is an especially successful tool to show you were you are acting out of the unclear mind, but so is everywhere else. Your children, parents, co-workers, and everybody else in your life has the job of showing you where you are attached to untrue thoughts. They are pointing you to freedom.
  5. @Tistepiste It’s best to just leave those kind of people alone and focus on your development. Why do you think that people need spirituality? If they didn’t ask for it, then clearly they don’t need it. Stop wasting your time trying to convert others and focus on your spiritual development.
  6. @Tistepiste The Work of Byron Katie
  7. @Aakash My goal is the clear mind, not enlightenment. Being enlightened alone means close to nothing to me. Living the best life possible means becoming detached from your thought structure. I call that the clear mind.
  8. @Jack River @Faceless This is a perfect description of the both of you
  9. @Jack River I have no clue what you’re saying
  10. You’re trying to escape the mind. I can tell by the way you speak. Read the quote that I have under my post and see if you understand it.
  11. There are many ways to reach the awakened mind. Your’s is one way. The Work is another. As for the elevator, it’s job is to take you to a higher floor. The Work’s job is to take you to a higher stage of awareness. But the elevator has a limit. It can only take you so far. And same with The Work, and any technique that exists. Eventually, you have to get off the elevator to get to your office. Similarly, all techniques must be discarded in the end to reach the awakened mind.
  12. @Jack River of course, digging the past is not absolute. It’s like an elevator. It takes your awareness to very high levels. But eventually, you must discard it. It has a limit. Awareness does not.
  13. @Yousef why not just take Islam at a higher Spiral level. For example, you could start a stage green Islam. Nobody’s done it yet.
  14. No. Nothing changes. The illusion didn’t exist so how can it change.
  15. Change is an illusion. Nothing changes. Everything is completely perfect right now. Correct! Correct. Even the ‘now’ is a story of the past. Exactly. People live their lives based on a misunderstood past. That’s why it’s important to dig up the past in your self-inquiry. I’ve gotten a lot from that. Everything a friend.
  16. @Key Elements it does hurt. It’s the story of a future.
  17. @Consilience All I do is follow the Voice’s instructions. Doership is an illusion. You are not in control of your body. So planning ahead and survival shouldn’t concern you. The Voice is intelligent. If it wants you to research something it will tell you. Any ideas about planning will be brought by the Voice at the perfect time. Stop concerning yourself with it. YOU need to let go of all control and doing, so that the Voice can take over. YOU have no choice at all.
  18. @Jack River I agree @Preetom That will never happen. ‘Planning ahead’ is a very vague, un understandable phrase. It only arises out of fear of the illusion of future. The Voice will give you direct, understandable instructions. E.g. brush your teeth, go to the kitchen, make food.
  19. @Consilience life purpose is not egoic. It’s just that, when I follow my life purpose, I find myself planning ahead, and not following that Voice. Planning ahead is the egoic act. You are in the illusion that there is a future. If my Voice tells me to research how to open a business, or gain some skill, I will effortlessly follow that. That is the clear mind.
  20. @Joseph Maynor Byron Katie can go anywhere with this:
  21. @Joseph Maynor Byron Katie was eating a cake in her mother’s funeral. People demonised her for this. Believe it or not, it’s possible to be directly conscious of this heaven no matter what situation you’re in. The radical stories of people who are doing The Work is coming out. If you’re interested in living this truth, The Work is your best bet. We’re not talking decades, we’re talking months/years.
  22. It hasn’t come to me to commit suicide. I follow the Voice within myself without resistance.
  23. @Key Elements Other people are not suffering. That’s just a fact. Even if they tell you they are suffering, in reality they are not.