Someone here

Member
  • Content count

    15,131
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Someone here

  1. Idk maybe. Most people are completely absorbed in the illusion of "I am the body". It doesn't take more than just becoming conscious of yourself observing the body to know that you are not the body.. You could've picked another body in this incarnation. Nothing special or inherent in this body to who you really are.
  2. I wouldn't call it mind dissonance.. I'm just becoming more conscious of the limitations of the body.. The body IS a set of limitations upon the unlimited soul within.
  3. Everything is an illusion except nothing. Alright enough smartassery and fancy paradoxical pointers lol.. You just sit down and meditate and verify what I'm talking about.
  4. He was one of the most realized beings in all times. When he suffered from arm's cancer and the doctors were trying to help him.. he was barely caring about his health conditions because he was fully aware that he is not the body. The body can go through hell but he is fully aware that he is the eternal untouchable spirit. At the age of 16.. He experienced what he called afterwards "moksha" or liberation. Then he left his house and went to live on a sacred mountain for hindu monks. And he announced himself from now on as a "Atiasrami". A monk. And denied himself from having anything that exceeds the middle class possessions. And lived there for the rest of his life. And became Sri ramana maharshi.. One of the greatest enlightened masters of all time. Seekers of the ultimate from all over the globe came to visit the young sage to be in the presence of the Self in his presence. Ramana's awakening experience: " It was quite sudden. I was sitting alone in a room on the first floor of my uncle’s house. I seldom had any sickness and on that day there was nothing wrong with my health, but a sudden violent fear of death overtook me. There was nothing in my state of health to account for it, and I did not try to account for it or to find out whether there was any reason for the fear. I just felt “I am going to die” and began thinking what to do about it. It did not occur to me to consult a doctor or my elders or friends; I felt that I had to solve the problem myself, there and then. The shock of the fear of death drove my mind inwards and I said to myself mentally, without actually framing the words: “Now death has come; what does it mean? What is it that is dying? “This body dies,” and at once dramatized the occurrence of death. I lay with my limbs stretched out stiff as though rigor mortis had set in and imitated a corpse so as to give greater reality to the enquiry. I held my breath and kept my lips tightly closed so that no sound could escape, so that neither the word “I” nor any other word could be uttered. “Well then,” I said to myself, “this body is dead. It will be carried stiff to the burning ground and there burnt and reduced to ashes. But with the death of this body am I dead? Is the body I? It is silent and inert but I feel the full force of my personality and even the voice of the “I” within me, apart from it. So I am Spirit transcending the body. The body dies but the Spirit that transcends it cannot be touched by death. That means that I am a deathless Spirit.” All this was not dull thought; it flashed through me vividly as living truth which I perceived directly, almost without thought-process. “I” was something very real, the only real thing about my present state, and all the conscious activity connected with my body was centered on that “I”. From that moment onwards the “I” or Self focussed attention on itself by a powerful fascination. Fear or death had vanished once and for all. Absorption in the Self continued unbroken from that time on". Ramana's self-inquiry to attain self-realization : "Who am I ? The gross body which is composed of the seven humours (dhatus), I am not; the five cognitive sense organs, viz. the senses of hearing, touch, sight, taste, and smell, which apprehend their respective objects, viz. sound, touch, colour, taste, and odour, I am not; the five cognitive sense- organs, viz. the organs of speech, locomotion, grasping, excretion, and procreation, which have as their respective functions speaking, moving, grasping, excreting, and enjoying, I am not; the five vital airs, prana, etc., which perform respectively the five functions of in-breathing, etc., I am not; even the mind which thinks, I am not; the nescience too, which is endowed only with the residual impressions of objects, and in which there are no objects and no functioning’s, I am not. 2. If I am none of these, then who am I? After negating all of the above-mentioned as ‘not this’, ‘not this’, that Awareness which alone remains - that I am. " Quotes and pointers : " when you realize the one. The many will not be seen. " " There is no mystery bigger than this.. That we keep searching for the truth.. When in fact we ourselves are the truth " " no matter how far you go.. You are always inside yourself". " anything capable of appearing is doomed to disappear and thus it will die. Except the Self.. It doesn't appear or disappear. Thus it is eternal". "real silence is a never ending talk" " the biggest embodiment of ecstasy and bliss is silence". "happiness is your real nature. It's not wrong to desire it. But it's wrong to search for it outside yourself.. When it's inside of you".
  5. LOL isn't that my comment the other day?
  6. @Breakingthewall you can think about it in terms of solidity. The more soild a thing is you can think of it as real. The more vapor-like it is.. You can think of it as illusory or unsubstantial. So you see solid object around you and you think they are substantial.. That's how it appears in ordinary state of consciousness...if you become more conscious you can see how everything is vapor-like and there is no solidity whatsoever. Except the mind that is working so hard to solidify a "reality" out of the Flux. Anyways this is all conceptual bullshit basically lol... You gotta become directly conscious of it.
  7. You are right. I'm just being lazy since my awakening experience. Not really feeling like doing anything. Just wanna meditate constantly to be in that state.
  8. There is no contradiction. You become conscious of it and then however you frame it has to be via language.. Thought.. And logic. But ultimately this is not it. There is more dimensions to infinity.. Be sure.. There is more everything and anything if you imagine them to be.. It's like a dream.. Your mind could dream up anything.. It doesn't have to.. But it can..... But whatever it dreams is just that.. A dream. A nothing.
  9. Nothing weird or strange here. It makes perfect sense both logically and experientially. How could anything else exists? That would be weird af. Look around you and more importantly look inside yourself. . If you can find something else other than nothing.. Let me know lol.
  10. ? I don't know. Maybe that's the difference between most people and people who are more conscious (not to brag). The more conscious you are you start caring less about your body and seeing it more for its negatives. There is no negatives in the absolute but as a limitation upon your infinite self. "enjoy it to the fullest".... Well anything less than infinite won't satisfy you.. Because you are infinite being.
  11. @Breakingthewall Relax. Nothing exists except the eternal formless self. Look closely. There is nothing else. That's enough to know. That answers everything.
  12. @Breakingthewall I'm getting sick of it. The body is no good. Especially after discovering my ultimate self. I just wanna rest in perfection. No more carrying around and babysitting a corpse. I'm experiencing a huge boundary between myself and the body now. I see myself as the needless soul and looking at the body from the lense of my Self makes it seem like a burden that I imposed on myself.
  13. Lol you are the unmoving eternal self.. Like it or not lol
  14. @Eren Eeager exactly. See if you just borrow the definition of creativity from someone else and just follow it.. That's you failing at the very first step towards being creative. You have to be creative in defining what creativity means . IMO ..creativity is the ability to think outside the box and to see beyond what the ordinary person can see. Iscac Newton as an example.. He discovered gravity by asking "why does the apple fall on the ground and the moon doesn't fall??" ?. See some people even today don't understand why lol. That's how you be creative. Noticing the mystery in the ordinary.
  15. What if it is and it does? Lol. ? @Jay Ray But seriously tho.. I don't think it's helpful to think of it that way. The goal of meditation is to awaken to the present moment.. Which is eternity itself that transcends all lives. There is no afterlife just in the same sense that there is no tomorrow or even next moment.. It's all just NOW. So you should awaken NOW for a better NOW.. Not for a better "afterlife" that will also be lived NOW.
  16. I have smoking addiction too. Just try to reduce it. Instead of having 8 cigs a day.. Just have 5 And stick with it for a while. And then instead of having 5 cigs a day.. Just have two.. And stick with it for a while.. Etc
  17. You are confusing the actuality level with the conceptual level. The map is not the territory. But also it is lol. The meaning of absolute =has no opposite. If there is an absolute "anything".. Then it's absolute "everything". So it becomes Indistinguishable from it's opposite. The absolute truth is EVERYTHING. And the absolute "lie" is "everything" ?
  18. This is what I became aware of few days ago during a meditation session. And I posted a thread about it. It's hard to put into words or to explain it conceptually. People will accuse you of being insane! But to you(if you had the insight) it will seem so obvious and unquestionable.
  19. What's next for actualized.org? I feel like your material is so rich at this point that you converd a lot of topics in spirituality and psychology etc. Don't get me wrong.. I never miss a video of yours..but for a while now I'm noticing a little rehashing in your material. Also don't you wanna add something new to your channel.. Maybe that will even spike up the views.. Interviewing people.. Reacting to other videos.. Vlogs.. Etc. You have few videos like that but it's rare. Also why don't you do any live streaming whether on YouTube or on the blog and connect with your followers?. . That would be cool. Love ya!
  20. Time.. Space and change are being imagined by the ultimate. Just like a dream. Only the ultimate is real. You gotta think the appearance of time and space is nested inside other grounds endlessly. So ultimately there ain't no time.. Or space.. Or change.. Or Universe.
  21. They had hundreds of deities in Hinduism because of the difficulty of comprehending the formless. What good is the formless for the human mind?. The ego wants to think of God As a specific being that can have effect on direction of this world. And ultimately God is not just formlessness. It's also all forms. So feel free to worship it in the form Shiva.. Jesus.. Yahweh.. Zeus etc. But always keep in mind that the Godhead will always escape whatever fixed form you imagine it to have. "my lord.. Forgive me for my three sins.. The first :that I'm worshiping you using these chants and words.. And you are beyond all descriptions and praises. The second : That I'm worshiping you only in this temple.. And you are beyond all places. The third : that I'm worshiping you in these limited forms.. And you are beyond all forms and images ". - a traditional hindu prayer.
  22. @Fran11 I understand what you mean obviously. You mean there is an "appearance" of a seperate mind that can filter negative thoughts from positive thoughts even if there isn't "actually "this separate mind and that's how learning happens. Well gues what? .. I'm saying exactly the same thing. LOL. There is the appearance due to the thoughts about the process.. But when investigated in actuality there isn't.