Rishabh R

Suffering due to girl's behaviour is useless.

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

During therapy I came to a conclusion that suffering due to behaviour of girls (girls who rejected me in past and treated me badly) useless and is also pointless. 

Why ?(I asked myself)

Because it does not matter

Edited by Rishabh R

Posted (edited)

You will suffer from something else if you don't confront the root cause of why you suffered to begin with. That was just a symptom. The mind's delusion. "It doesn't matter", you say, but what does matter is you're not conscious of your attachments. She's gone but it will be something else. Contents doesn't matter. She was only a passing band-aid. Now the band-aid is off waiting for you to put another one on because you are still trying to heal the wounds. Wounds that aren't there. So you will forever be band-aiding yourself through life trying to find relief from the mental torture of the mind.

Solution: See yourself as whole and complete and also see yourself as not whole and complete. Recognize the duality and live your life with the recognition that the egoic mind seeks to ground itself and it tries to latch on to "things". See it for what it is. Observe it but don't identify with it. Detach from outcomes and embrace the impermanence of life because you are that which all of life's impermanence emerges.

Edited by Princess Arabia

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

@Princess Arabia I don't think that it's a delusion because I asked myself - Why while writing the post. Yes things in life are temporary such as heartbreak, rejection etc. 

Just now, Rishabh R said:

@Princess Arabia I don't think that it's a delusion because I asked myself - Why while writing the post. Yes things in life are temporary such as heartbreak, rejection etc. 

Everything is temporary. Name one thing that's permanent except for impermanence. One. 

Posted (edited)

Consciousness. By that definition it doesn't matter wether girl rejects me or not because it will still be temporary. And also suffering is temporary too.

Edited by Rishabh R

Just now, Rishabh R said:

Consciousness. By that definition it doesn't matter wether girl rejects you or not because it will still be temporary.

Ok, everything temporary is within Consciousness. That's it. The only thing that matters is if you want to have a joyful experience or one filled with suffering. Your choice, and what will determine that is what you identify as and your relationship to that identity.

3 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Ok, everything temporary is within Consciousness. That's it. The only thing that matters is if you want to have a joyful experience or one filled with suffering. Your choice, and what will determine that is what you identify as and your relationship to that identity.

Yeah but eventually joyful experience and experience come together hand in hand because life is a combination of positive and negative. 

2 minutes ago, Rishabh R said:

Yeah but eventually joyful experience and experience come together hand in hand because life is a combination of positive and negative. 

If younotice

11 minutes ago, Rishabh R said:

Consciousness. By that definition it doesn't matter wether girl rejects you or not because it will still be temporary.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Rishabh R said:

If you notice I said your relationship to that identity. You will not suffer if you don't identify with the identity. Meaning, you will see the negative and positive for what they are and not suffer with the negative nor get attached to the positive. You'll be able to see life for what it is. Both the apparent negative and the apparent positive, because they are both only appearances. Appearing from the one Source, which is your true nature, which just is void of all appearances.

Edited by Princess Arabia

@Princess Arabia  Yeah the relationship with the identity matters but all identity is fluid and temporary so why not build a good one. And also the goal of therapy is to see the situation objectively.