Jodistrict

Maharishikaa on Ayahuasca, Psychedelics & spiritual progress

4 posts in this topic

The questioner seeks Maharishikaa's blessings for Ayahuasca and psychedelics to attain higher states of consciousness, and for spiritual progress. Maharishikaa explains the impact of Ayahuasca and other psychedelics, and their relevance to spiritual progress on the path of Self-Realization.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Maharishikaa has good points but also some blind spots

She fails to recognise that higher consciousness can happen in deep comunion with one's body and environment.

She made a good job in cutting through many bullshit of neo advaita but ended up with a Zen Hinduism devoided of peak mysticism and transbody consciousness.

This is on top of the common prejudices of psychedelics, although she has recognised that in the full shamanic context psychedelics may be a valid path.

I mean she's much better than most teachers nowadays and has a good heart. I talked with her and studied her work but still there is so much more to become conscious of. Although I recommend her if you are stucked in neo advaita or lack the surrending and bodily aspects of awakening.

Edited by Davino

42 minutes ago, Davino said:

This is on top of the common prejudices of psychedelics, although she has recognised that in the full shamanic context psychedelics may be a valid path.

This is the part I recognized as true.  Because I went to the Amazon and did a plant diet with a real shaman, and got exposed to the real practice, and I realized that 2 weeks wasn't enough time, and the plant medicines are only a component of a lifetime practice.  But Westerners are taking the Ayahausca out of context and turning it into a commodity.  So you just end up with a lot of space cadets. 

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.