mmKay

Its easier to escape a cult than a Conspiracy Theory or belief

3 posts in this topic

This is a little insight I had today.

Personally the closest I've ever been to being in an actual cult was an entrepreneurship door to door salesman pyramid scheme cult, and even though I was well informed by all of Leo's content, it still took me 3 months to figure out that I was fooled

But in a cult , other people are fooling you. If you're  lucky you can think for yourself and escape.

Its possible that you get so brainwashed that you never escape. 

But once your own mind fools you, and you brainwash yourself deeply enough, you're done.

The minds capacity for self-deception is infinite.

Edited by mmKay

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

― Carl Sagan

Edited by Butters

2 hours ago, mmKay said:

Personally the closest I've ever been to being in an actual cult was an entrepreneurship door to door salesman pyramid scheme cult

You're right, in a way they do lure you in like a cult, but it's really more of a multi level marketing company. An actual cult controls how you spend your spare time, who you date, what you're allowed to think and feel.