Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Soul Flight

The dirty little secret of meditation, Hinduism, Buddhism, and psychedelics?

4 posts in this topic

Is there an ulterior motive in meditation, Hinduism, Buddhism, and psychedelics?

(I am a rookie and working through my issues Lol! I am still clinging to self and trying to decide if I should be a good citizen or "walk my path.")

Is it fair to say the dirty little secret of these practices is there is no free-will and there is no self and these practices lead to "god realization" and solipsism? If so, is it true none of these practices can advertise the "dirty little secret" up front because the "common man" is repulsed by these ideas of no free-will and no self? So we are all lured in to believe meditation makes you calm and psychedelics are fun at parties. But eventually mom or grandma meditates so much and gets a fleeting glimpse of the "silent watcher." Or a naïve person takes psychedelics and has an unexpected "ego death."

It's like part of the life cycle is getting your heart broken or being betrayed by someone you trust. We all have to check these boxes. We must learn our heart is fragile and learn its worth and value by seeing it crushed. So in the same sense, society must first set us up for a midlife crisis or turn us into sheeple so we can eventually wake up and break from the herd. What would happen if a culture or society had newborns who were already awake? Could this utopia exist? Or is the joy and fulfillment in the awakening? We need rites of passage? And life itself is a rite of passage?

It feels like a conspiracy but I know it is an unintended conspiracy. Unless I created all these intricate details and I am the dreamer. Or does god use these practices to wake himself up? Did I leave all these breadcrumbs for myself? It gives me a big cheesy smile and I feel fulfilled and satisfied to have this tiny awakening. But the doubt creeps in that I am deluding myself and lots of close friends and family would all think I've gone full woo. :) I am worried I am a failure or unsuccessful by family standards or society standards and I am inventing all this "magical thinking" to make myself feel better.

And if I am on my path of awakening (which I guess I can't not be), I even dreamt up this forum and the fact I have to post to strangers when really it is me responding to myself. Lol! I can't think the thoughts and instead need you to reply to me. I can't simply "awaken" but need you to give me advice.

And just as a dark and ugly tangent I will say that I do get the feeling that facing suicide during a psychedelic trip is also a "dirty little secret" of psychedelics and possibly also the practices I mentioned above. Leo is the first and only person I have ever heard warn about suicide in these contexts and I am very impressed by his warnings and honesty. But then again... I dreamt Leo up?

Thanks. Be well. Be safe.

1 hour ago, Soul Flight said:

Did I leave all these breadcrumbs for myself?

Yes! It's all gonna be well brother. :x

You designed it for yourself. Aaand it just so happens that You are infinitely inteligent. So it's going to be fine. It's going to be epic. It's gonna be WOO WOO. 

It's going to be a marvelous Soul's Flight ^_^

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

On 2/21/2024 at 1:54 PM, Soul Flight said:

But the doubt creeps in that I am deluding myself and lots of close friends and family would all think I've gone full woo. :) I am worried I am a failure or unsuccessful by family standards or society standards and I am inventing all this "magical thinking" to make myself feel better.

If most people aren’t making themselves feel better, and you are? Who is in the wrong? 

The saying goes “hurt people hurt people.”

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead.