LSD-Rumi

How does the Mail service work in The UK?

2 posts in this topic

I will be going for a short visit to The UK to access some "stuff". But I Would like to understand  How the mail works there? Do they leave letters and packages at your door or should you be present to take the mail? Should you provide a phone number?

Yes, most internal day-to-day mail is delivered by Royal Mail (there are separate delivery companies, UPS / DPD / FedEx, etc). Royal Mail handles letters / small and medium-sized parcels. They are delivered to the door. Some services are tracked so the receiver can follow the parcel online. Some services are recorded, so a signature is needed on delivery.

I have taken orders off the dark web, and these are generally sent just first class, meaning they are not tracked or signed for and will typically take 1 to 2 days and posted directly through a letter box at the receiver's address. From what I know, internal mail is not checked by any sniffer dogs, etc (but please do a little more reading elsewhere online to be 100% sure). I don’t recall having the give a phone number for a service, unless it’s to get text alerts.

Edited by Alex M