Stoica Doru

Thoughts On Binaural Beats?

3 posts in this topic

So, I've just listened to a 10 minute session of binaural beats chakra healing related, and it made my emotions come up(nearly cried) and relaxed me for a bit. I was a bit skeptical about them, seeing them as a mean of cheating. 

I want to know you're thoughts about them and share your experiences. I wonder if they can be curative, or just be some sort of weak and not so effective thing to do from time to time, as an escape possibility. I'm more interested in the results that they'll eventually bring in the long run. 

Ain't it funny how men think?

They made the bomb, they are extinct.

They can be very helpful. But you'll still want a manual meditation practice.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I've been enjoying certain ones for about a week now, someone posted about them not long ago, forget who, but thanks. 

I find that experimenting with them right from youtube gives you an idea of whether to bother downloading them for your collection. You'll get a feel for the effect within a few minutes, it becomes obvious what works for you & what doesn't. 

I don't care for the ones where the underlying tone(s) are audible among the washy, happy, feelgood stuff. I can enjoy the experience (a background thang) if the tone that sometimes stands out is subtle, a bang-on frequency for me at the time, and melds with the washy stuff nicely. As soon as it stands out too much it's like a bad cgi effect in a flick, taking me out of the immersion by it's obviousness.

Cool stuff though, in my opinion, when you find ones that resonate through your space and set a feeling-tone. Fun to experiment for sure.