Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

SCOTUS did a terrible job with hearing of the 14th amendment clause 3 and Trump case

5 posts in this topic

I had a feeling that SCOTUS were going to be inclined to strike this down, but I was shocked by how hostile and cowardly virtually all of the Justices on the US Supreme Court were, including the liberal judges, with the case and the arguments presented to them as to why Trump should be disqualified. Hear what, Glenn Kirschner, who is a highly respectable, very intelligent, no-nonsense, and highly experienced prosecutor said about this travesty:

The judges didn't even seem to take into account what Trump actually did on January 6th. I really don't think SCOTUS really took the merits of the case seriously enough. 

Edited by Hardkill

They were never gonna disqualify him. It's too bold a move for them.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

48 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They were never gonna disqualify him. It's too bold a move for them.

Yeah, I thought about that, had a feeling it wasn't going to fly with SCOTUS, and I understand that the argument the Trump challengers were making is very new and understudied, but that still doesn't excuse SCOTUS from the way they handled this case. Did you listen to what that prosecutor said? How about what other top legal experts such as Andrew Weissman and Neal Katyal said:

Other eminently high minded legal expert such as professor Lawrence Tribe and former conservative judge Michael Luttig said. The interpretation of the 3rd clause of the 14th amendment was already interpreted in a very right-wing originalist manner by legal experts. 

The US Supreme Court evaded the MERITS of the case and the conservatives did not rule from their "originalist" viewpoints because they were all too scared about the possibility of dividing our country apart. The conservatives on the court are also bought and paid for justices on the bench (especially Alito and Thomas) who are definitely in the pockets of super rich wealthy right-wing megadonors such as Harlan Crow.

SCOTUS is corrupt. Not in the way that Trump and the MAGA Republicans think it is, but like Joe Biden said "this is not a normal court."

Edited by Hardkill

Is he going to run for president from prison?