blankisomeone

“being vegan is more expensive than being a meat eater.” Is that true?

43 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, BojackHorseman said:

B12 levels (from a year ago, so around 5-6 years in my vegan diet) was...above average level, surprisingly. I do take supplements so this should be just fine.

Glad you supplement, that's great. I'd be curious to know the exact number since the reference range for B12 is notoriously low/suboptimal.

4 minutes ago, BojackHorseman said:

So the diet is certainly not guilty here, and I don't think it really got worse. I'll see if I can do those tests tho

Sure, the diet may not be worsening your situation, but it would all be relative to what your diet consisted of back then. As for testosterone and SHGB, I would be concerned on several levels in terms of optimizing these, but not least ensuring you're getting enough zinc in your diet, especially relative to copper.

Posted (edited)

On 16/03/2024 at 5:21 AM, Jason Actualization said:

I'd be curious to know the exact number since the reference range for B12 is notoriously low/suboptimal.

Vitamine B12 (*)
(Technique Electro−Chimie−Luminescence ROCHE)
661 pg/mL (197−771)

Edited by BojackHorseman

1 hour ago, BojackHorseman said:

Vitamine B12 (*)
(Technique Electro−Chimie−Luminescence ROCHE)
661 pg/mL (197−771)

Excellent.

We have a fellow member on this forum, namely ZenAlex, with a 292 ng/L level, giving rise to a host of problems, exercise intolerance among them. Glad to see your levels being appreciably higher, although personally and in advocating for others, I suggest striving for for 1000 minimum.