Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldhandle

Making 4 hours a day to work on your life purpose/working on it BEFORE other things

5 posts in this topic

My struggle right now is making four hours a day to work on my life purpose, and putting it before over things. Sometimes I have time, but I feel like unless the house is perfectly cleaned, unless I've gone to the gym, studied language (moved to a foreign country and it's necessary) - I cannot start on it. 

I mean, not to mention I have a full time job teaching, and I am the leader of a social group once a week.

In the books Leo recommends after you finish his life purpose course, a few of them talk about the importance of this, time blocking four hours a day to work on your life purpose. I'm finding this really difficult to achieve. I know in theory this is what I need to do to get things going, and not have a mentality of "work on it when everything else is done" but easier said than done I suppose.

To complicate matters more, I also have to come to terms with the fact that my body and soul aches to date but I know I don't have the time to create this business and also be dating women - as that is a big time and money expenditure. 

Anyone been here before? Any advice for me? Sorry if it comes of as a ramble. I know what I want to do, my life purpose is clearly stated. The issue now is creating the habit of working on it, for a substantial amount of time daily, when I have so much else going on.

I'm struggling with this so if anyone doesn't have personal advice, maybe a link, video?

Any time is good time. 4 hours is just a number. You can date and work on your business. There is no either or. You need balance. You are overthinking this. 4 hours is a made up number. To think you can’t do both is a fiction.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

@oldhandle

4 hours a day on top of everything else is extremely difficult - for anyone. We only have so much energy and mental focus available each day. 

There are no rules here so don't feel like you have to do a certain amount of time each day. 1 or 2 hours of focused work is often more than enough.

But generally you want to do a minium of amount of work each day so that you don't have decision fatigue. You don't want to be thinking, 'should i do some LP work today or not". Remove that decision process by just committing to a minimum 1 hour a day, or whatever you feel is appropriate.

1-2 hours a day consistently over a long period of time can produce big results. It's just about consistently showing up and slowly moving forward.

Try your best to not fall into laziness and procrastination. And occasionally it can be useful to think 'how much work am I actually capable of doing'. How much work can your mind actually handle if you just kept working? I've recently been trying to push myself beyond that point of "I'm tired now, I want to stop and do something else". But don't do this all the time or you'll just burn out.

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Yes, but maybe you would be more productive/creative in the evening, so you don't have to worry about "effort first, comfort second."
There's also no point working 4 hours if you already work on the side, well I wouldn't do it.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.