Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sharpadox

Is This Life Purpose And Passion Productive For Society And The Universe Or Should I Follow Another One ?

3 posts in this topic

Hello amazing people :D, I hope that you are having a great day. I would like to ask you a question regarding my life purpose. In one of his videos, Leo talked about how his passion and calling was the game industry, before he decided to leave it and search for a new calling (mission). I feel that the game industry (concept art) is my passion and purpose, but I don't see how it helps society. I want my personal mission statement to be: I want to devote my life to increasing my and other people's level of consciousness and quality of life and to make the universe a better and happier place. The issue for me seems to be that video games (in my opinion) mostly waste time and don't increase people's conciousness level. My question is, what do you think of video games, is it worth chasing this life purpose and do you think that it fits with my mission statement, or do you believe that it would be more constructive for society if I stop wanting this life purpose and try and find another one, that im just as passionate for, like becoming a therapist or a life coach (im not as passionate about them). Do you think that these things help society more or I would contribute just as much if I become a concept artist ? :) Im sorry if this topic is very similiar to other ones I've made, I hope this isn't against the rules. I hope you have a great day, thank you for your time reading this.

I think once video games develop to the point of virtual reality and simulations, they could have a very important place in society. 

So I think you need to have a long-term vision for what is possible beyond right now. 

Edited by STC

7 hours ago, Sharpadox said:

I feel that the game industry (concept art) is my passion and purpose, but I don't see how it helps society. I want my personal mission statement to be: I want to devote my life to increasing my and other people's level of consciousness and quality of life and to make the universe a better and happier place. 

If you feel that the game industry and concept art is your passion and purpose, why would you want your mission statement to be anything else?

To me your mission statement sounds like a very, very distant goal. And like something that would be nice to have, but not critical to your life at this present moment, otherwise you would already be doing it.

All that exists right now if the present moment and your passion for video games. That's your path. It might lead somewhere else, just like Leo's did, but you need to keep walking until you come to the end, if it even comes at all. You might discover that through video games you really can increase consciousness, life quality and happiness, but you'll never know if you stop walking that path.