Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shodburrito

Where can I make high-conscious friends at?

2 posts in this topic

I will be 20 this summer, and I am attending a community college. One of the things that I feel like I am lacking in my life which I would benefit from is a more diverse group of friends who can help build me up as a person. I am a very social person and I do have a good number of close friends, however, since I have been out of high school for almost 3 years many of my friends are away at other universities or no longer in the area. I have a hard time finding high-conscious people who I can relate to on a spiritual/intellectual level when it comes to goals and desires. 

I am not trying to sound pretentious, but I feel as though most people I meet regularly just do not align with my highest purpose in life. Most of the time they have so many dysfunctional problems, emotional issues, or just generally have no long-term vision for their life. I am not saying I am perfect by any means but I feel like all I am doing with most people is having to baby them along by providing advice to get their basic shit together.

I don't need some "enlightened" guru friend I just want to meet new people and make new deep connections with others that are at a minimum stage green or higher. I want to meet people who want to explore a diverse range of experiences in life and are adventurous. The people I have talked to and become "friends" with at my college are just really normal boring people who don't have any ambitious goals or want to explore life to its fullest extent. 

I know it seems like I am asking for a lot, but I know there are people out there who share the same ideas as me, however, I can't seem to find any. Any advice on places I can go or things to do to make new friends like this?

Yoga class - many stage green people there

Meditation class

There's this tantra speed dating thing that is all over the U.S. - https://www.tantrany.com/date/

Dance class - lots of growth opportunities and you get to dance with beautiful women 

Join a Toast Masters club - meet motivated people and improve your public speaking

Look for clubs at your school that you are interested in

Edited by Spiritual Warrior