Devin

Did Biden Play it Wrong?

9 posts in this topic

Should Biden have embraced his old age?

I'm thinking he would have done better behaving more like a wise, reserved King, instead of trying to exhibit energy and vitality, think more Queen Elizabeth or President Xi. I know it's the opposite of what everyone says, but I think it would have gone better.

Edited by Devin

@Devin

On 2024-01-17 at 5:14 PM, Devin said:

Should Biden have embraced his old age?

I'm thinking he would have done better behaving more like a wise, reserved King, instead of trying to exhibit energy and vitality, think more Queen Elizabeth or President Xi. I know it's the opposite of what everyone says, but I think it would have gone better.

It does feel like that to me IMO should've taken it easy. But it depends on many developmental factors, and currently some people don't like the wise king leader.

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Devin

It does feel like that to me IMO should've taken it easy. But it depends on many developmental factors, and currently some people don't like the wise king leader.

It definitely would've been a novel idea these days, but I think they try too hard to make him seem spright and it backfires. Really the President doesn't need to be energetic and hip, especially after already elected, have some great speakers like Blinken, Austin, Buttigieg, do all the Press work and PR, and have Biden just make short meaningful statements rather than needless long speeches every week about every little thing,

No, it is in many respects because doesn’t have much charisma or energy. However, it’s also because the mainstream media and the Nazi right-wing media haven’t given Biden fair coverage. The silent majority in this country has really not been receiving all of the correct news info. and high quality political analysis that it deserves.

This is again why we absolutely need a liberal/progressive ecosystem that can defeat the right-wing media ecosystem and cut through the mainstream media’s “both sides” bullshit analysis. 

Edited by Hardkill

On 1/19/2024 at 11:18 PM, Hardkill said:

No, it is in many respects because doesn’t have much charisma or energy. However, it’s also because the mainstream media and the Nazi right-wing media haven’t given Biden fair coverage. The silent majority in this country has really not been receiving all of the correct news info. and high quality political analysis that it deserves.

This is again why we absolutely need a liberal/progressive ecosystem that can defeat the right-wing media ecosystem and cut through the mainstream media’s “both sides” bullshit analysis. 

I get sick of the both sides rhetoric, there are not two sides anymore, only lies come from the leadership on the right, they should get no air time from credible sources.

Edited by Devin

@Devin

On 19/01/2024 at 11:42 PM, Devin said:

It definitely would've been a novel idea these days, but I think they try too hard to make him seem spright and it backfires. Really the President doesn't need to be energetic and hip, especially after already elected, have some great speakers like Blinken, Austin, Buttigieg, do all the Press work and PR, and have Biden just make short meaningful statements rather than needless long speeches every week about every little thing,

Interesting enough, Donald Trump's political strategy was like this before. Early on in the primaries he had charisma and made himself the more dominant man in there, but when it came time for presidential debate with Hillery he switched and toned down a bit to appear more calm and reasonable than her, still has some good retorts but he made himself appear a centrist and was thus able to win the presidency.

36 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Devin

Interesting enough, Donald Trump's political strategy was like this before. Early on in the primaries he had charisma and made himself the more dominant man in there, but when it came time for presidential debate with Hillery he switched and toned down a bit to appear more calm and reasonable than her, still has some good retorts but he made himself appear a centrist and was thus able to win the presidency.

I actually never paid much attention to Trump, but from what I remember he got wilder as time went on, especially by time the second election came around.

I think Hilary lost because she's a Woman, 20 years too soon, even Liberal Boomers said they won't vote for a Woman.

Edited by Devin

4 minutes ago, Devin said:

I actually never paid much attention to Trump, but from what I remember he got wilder as time went on, especially by time the second election came around.

I think Hilary lost because she's a Woman, 20 years too soon, even Liberal Boomers said they won't vote for a Woman.

She still won the popular vote by about 3 million votes. The electoral college is also too archaic and undemocratic.

5 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

She still won the popular vote by about 3 million votes. The electoral college is also too archaic and undemocratic.

I actually support keeping the electoral college. A few reasons why, one, take Republican states like Florida and Texas, if you eliminate the electoral college they could falsify votes and have more voting power than the College limits them to. Two, in theory the College should cover those who do not make it to the polls, usually people of similar beliefs live in the same communities or States, in theory.