Attacked by bison while tripping on mushrooms

23 posts in this topic

Put that one in Chicken Soup for the Psychonauts souls

Glad you are okay 😄

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

14 hours ago, jimwell said:

Reminds me of the time when I was a "premium" salary slave. I stayed in a large mansion situated on top of a hill, overlooking other hills. The temperature there was perfect, ranging from 18 to 23 degrees Celsius, which are Japanese Spring and Autumn temperatures. I slept on a king-size bed, complete with a private shower and toilet. I had a chef who prepared my meals and a helper who maintained the mansion's cleanliness. My food, electricity, and water were provided for free. And I almost forgot to mention that the mansion is located in a top tourist spot in my country. I was living a luxurious life. The only thing I needed to do was manage the school and teach English to Japanese learners who wanted to experience a premium vacation in my home country.

Holy cow, that sounds like the proverbial jackpot on paper. The fact that you were able to walk away from all that really speaks for your personal integrity... or for your immense desperation. ^_^

14 hours ago, jimwell said:

It was at that moment I realized NOT ALL forms of depression are caused by childhood trauma or abuse. External factors such as lifestyle or being disconnected from nature can also contribute to depression.

One hundred percent. The problem is that if you have been stuck in prison long enough (or maybe even been born into it), it can wear you down so much that breaking free can seem like an impossible feat after a while... especially when several factors come together (like claustrophobic environment, unhealthy food, social isolation, unresolved trauma etc). The good news is that you don't have to (and in most cases actually can't) crush through the prison wall in one fell swoop; it's okay if you take it slow and dig your little tunnel into freedom step by step, bit by bit, until you start seeing a little light... and then some more... and then some more... until you're finally out in the open and taste the sweet air of true life.

15 hours ago, jimwell said:

Sounds romantic. :D

Oh, it was very romantic... especially when the veil of dusk fell on the scenery and those three bison showed up for an intimate candle light dinner with yours truly. Hah! xD

Why so serious?

All of you are sweet bison food. I wanna eat all of you for dinner.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI