Carl-Richard

Lana Wachowski (The Matrix Trilogy) — brilliant trans activist speech

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Astonishing person, astonishing speech. Other than having co-written and co-directed The Matrix Trilogy with her sister, she is an early trans activist who gives a detailed insight into the struggles that are possible with gender identity and how it interracts with questions around anonymity and privacy when entering the limelight. The message also applies more broadly to life. That part of the speech is actually the most inspiring and insightful. I just said "wow, wow, wow". And the way it's written, paced and delivered is just very good.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard

On 2024-01-04 at 5:18 AM, Carl-Richard said:

Astonishing person, astonishing speech. Other than having co-written and co-directed The Matrix Trilogy with her sister, she is an early trans activist who gives a detailed insight into the struggles that are possible with gender identity and how it interracts with questions around anonymity and privacy when entering the limelight. The message also applies more broadly to life. That part of the speech is actually the most inspiring and insightful. I just said "wow, wow, wow". And the way it's written, paced and delivered is just very good.

I agree, good speech from here. I did some body language analysis and tonality of her and the speaker before here: