Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Keryo Koffa

The Purpose of Suffering, Unawareness and Ignorance

4 posts in this topic

The more existential I get, the more straight forward the answers seem. Deep down beyond all the shapes and forms, everything is made of the same fabric, consciousness. Consciousness explores itself through the lens of its forms, believing itself to be partial in the process of bending reality through a lens of self. It seems purpose is not the right word, rather it is a property of its being. The property of consciousness is consciousness, there must be something to be conscious of, else no consciousness.

And through that understanding, the purpose of every duality is only awareness of itself and the appreciation of its form in contrast to the rest of existence. Though we are human right now, and humans have complex homeostatic desires. Still, what is suffering? Not getting what you want. Because what you want does not allign with what is. This is because you have a preference, an identity due to your limited perspective, in other words ignorance through unconsciousness due to limitation due to a limited lens for consciousness to exist in the first place. Unconsciousness is necessary for consciousness and the integration of dualities.

In other words, consciousness expands its awareness through understanding and contextualizing limitation. This process is infinite as it can be rewired arbitrarily and that's just one base reality's infinite interpretation through its specific forms.

So why suffer? Suffering is a duality. It's opposite is appreciation. No suffering, no appreciation.

Why fall into unawareness? Out of ignorance. To become aware and wise. To appreciate the difference.

It seems appreciation is woven into the fabric of our being as our purpose. Life keeps perpetuating itself, but there has to be a point at every generation, else its meaningless. The point is to be conscious, experience and appreciate. Life is a structure within consciousness and inherits its being, the drive for conscious existence and exploration. It is homeostatic, with a bias for survival, and as a result, seeks to self-oprimize. In the process of doing that, it suffers and learns to appreciate the difference.

In the end, everything is nothing and an arbitrary configuration of the identityless source. Yet that source learns itself through its infinite forms and not just imagening to be them, but literally becoming them, warping the rest of itself into an "other" in the process. Suffering is not wrong, ignorance is not a glitch, unconsciousness is not bad. It's all aspects of an infinite being exploring itself without bias. But from our human understanding those things are very unfulfilling and limit our potential, so we rightfully seek to transcend them. It's the right perspective, from our perspective.

Everything I am now, I wouldn't be and couldn't appreciate as deeply if I hadn't suffered for it. At the same time, there are diminishing returns and one really wastes their life away at some point. It's a balance and I'm doing the best I know how.

@Squeekytoy It doesn't need meaning and of course all meaning is interpreted. I'm really just breaking down the projected experience into fundamentals sufficient enough to interconnect the vastness of phenomena holistically so that I and others can use it as a bridge towards giving up the need for separate explanations. One path that interconnects all makes it easier to navigate out of the loop that one is entrenched in through millions of beliefs that each contribute to resistence. It is equally biased though, just focused and minimalistic. Push it over and the others fall as well, if one can shift their awareness to it.

But also, its an equally valid interpretation, as all are, the problem is our reluctance and preferences to navigate perspectives without attachment. And there is still a disconnect within me that seeks meaning that I need to get to the source of in order to allow myself to let go of it without regret.

From a human lens, everything has meaning, its an interpretation of a nature onto existence. But you can't say that it's not true either. Redqundant perhaps and indirect but meaninglessness and meaning are both a duality, and just as I realized this, it collapses.

In the end, existence exists and that tempts us to find meaning it, by intuiting the emotions that arise within.

Posted (edited)

@Squeekytoy Anything I write is a rationalization. Anything I say duality. You inspired me to stop

Thanks for putting holes in my delusion

(Intuition) This part of the forum is mostly about opposing other's ideas, to dissolve their bias.

Edited by Keryo Koffa

2 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

The more existential I get, the more straight forward the answers seem. Deep down beyond all the shapes and forms, everything is made of the same fabric, consciousness. Consciousness explores itself through the lens of its forms, believing itself to be partial in the process of bending reality through a lens of self. It seems purpose is not the right word, rather it is a property of its being. The property of consciousness is consciousness, there must be something to be conscious of, else no consciousness.

And through that understanding, the purpose of every duality is only awareness of itself and the appreciation of its form in contrast to the rest of existence. Though we are human right now, and humans have complex homeostatic desires. Still, what is suffering? Not getting what you want. Because what you want does not allign with what is. This is because you have a preference, an identity due to your limited perspective, in other words ignorance through unconsciousness due to limitation due to a limited lens for consciousness to exist in the first place. Unconsciousness is necessary for consciousness and the integration of dualities.

In other words, consciousness expands its awareness through understanding and contextualizing limitation. This process is infinite as it can be rewired arbitrarily and that's just one base reality's infinite interpretation through its specific forms.

So why suffer? Suffering is a duality. It's opposite is appreciation. No suffering, no appreciation.

Why fall into unawareness? Out of ignorance. To become aware and wise. To appreciate the difference.

It seems appreciation is woven into the fabric of our being as our purpose. Life keeps perpetuating itself, but there has to be a point at every generation, else its meaningless. The point is to be conscious, experience and appreciate. Life is a structure within consciousness and inherits its being, the drive for conscious existence and exploration. It is homeostatic, with a bias for survival, and as a result, seeks to self-oprimize. In the process of doing that, it suffers and learns to appreciate the difference.

In the end, everything is nothing and an arbitrary configuration of the identityless source. Yet that source learns itself through its infinite forms and not just imagening to be them, but literally becoming them, warping the rest of itself into an "other" in the process. Suffering is not wrong, ignorance is not a glitch, unconsciousness is not bad. It's all aspects of an infinite being exploring itself without bias. But from our human understanding those things are very unfulfilling and limit our potential, so we rightfully seek to transcend them. It's the right perspective, from our perspective.

Everything I am now, I wouldn't be and couldn't appreciate as deeply if I hadn't suffered for it. At the same time, there are diminishing returns and one really wastes their life away at some point. It's a balance and I'm doing the best I know how.

Wise words.

Now get ready for the inevitable rebuttal by some of our staunch spiritual bypassing junkies on here, arriving in 3... 2... 1... 9_9

Why so serious?