Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danioover9000

Why are Muslim fighters dominating the MMA, boxing and other combat sports?

5 posts in this topic

Short video with clips from others as to why it is, which sounds to me like stage blue reasoning of why they are dominating:

IMO, my more stage orange interpretation of this is because they take MASSIVE ACTION, practice and discipline themselves, and dedicate themselves to their craft while minimizing distractions, and just keep taking action and correctly practicing until they get results. However, again stage orange interpretation, I think it comes down to the individual who strongly desires to win and to excel at a given field. Dedication, discipline, will power, courage, and some other values and factors of a great fighter or champion are not just limited to Islam as this video wants to suggest, but these are universal principles each human being has and aspires to achieve, in varying degree, which is one specific disagreement with this video's framing. Yes, the trend suggests that Muslim fighters are on average winning more, but that doesn't mean that dedication, discipline and hard work is demographic dependent to Islam or other stage blue ideologies, those principles are systemic and go across to other religious beliefs and cultures towards each person, if they feel a deep desire and vision towards a goal and are willing to dedicate and discipline themselves towards it.

Your thoughts?

Muslims do not dominate combat sports.
It's just Chechnya, Dagestan and certain near eastern regions where certain combat sports (Sambo, wrestling...) are a cultural thing and/or a means of social empowerment. 

Their theological explanation is ridiculous, it's like I'm trying to explain how Buddhism turns people into warriors because there are a lot of boxers in Thailand, lol.

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@Schizophonia

53 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Muslims do not dominate combat sports.
It's just Chechnya, Dagestan and certain near eastern regions where certain combat sports (Sambo, wrestling...) are a cultural thing and/or a means of social empowerment. 

Their theological explanation is ridiculous, it's like I'm trying to explain how Buddhism turns people into warriors because there are a lot of boxers in Thailand, lol.

Firstly, thank you for clarifying this to me. Yes, specifically Chechnya, Dagestan and other certain eastern regions with mountain ranges, where combat sports such as sambo and wrestling are both  a cultural practice and a means of social empowerment and self defense to a degree, would be the more plausible explanation for why on average those in these regions are dominating: genetics and environmental conditions.

I also agree their theological explanations and justifications does sound ridiculous, especially from Joe Rogan and a few others. I stand corrected for just generalizing that Islam and being Muslim, and generally having a strong religious background, directly equals being a much better fighter on average. This YouTube Channel is IMO a decent underrated Channel that covers martial arts and bare knuckle fighting, but it's owner has an Islam background so it made sense why he arranged the clips like this now. Again thanks for clarifying because I just went with the video.

I think to be fair to that YouTuber he's making a point, but this point of how Islam turns into fighters is very contentious because you then have to be willing to bring up the caliphate version of Islam, and contend with the more extremist interpretations of Islam because Islam at that region of the middle east and other parts of the middle east, and at that time were from a warring tribe surrounded by other warring tribes. So IMO very contentious due to the current stereotypes and having to address the historical events of parts of Islam being violent as in those time periods. Also, putting aside hard work and training, Mohammad Ally also had good genetics and environmental conditions, good height advantage and arm length over his opponents, and cardio which allowed him that edge, but using him as an example is sketchy because before converting to Islam he was a Christian with a troubled parental relationship and family. I'd go as far as to claim that in the USA's history of the slave trade, and artificial breeding by masters over slaves to breed the ideal physical traits of slave labors for longer endurance and stronger lifting of material, which all of this is systemic, that 400 years of slavery is why Mohammad Ally was that powerful and others like him are that powerful to begin with.

P.S. Synchronicity is a funny bitch, because this week I just got an app, Uniciv, which is a decent spin off of Civ 5, and one of the civilizations I founded the religion Buddhism with one of the great prophet units, and added the leader and follower enhancers as Buddhism with a more warfare and combat bonus, so when I read your analogy I can't believe it, it's insane to think I also just did the analogy you forwarded, but in that game🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Schizophonia

Firstly, thank you for clarifying this to me. Yes, specifically Chechnya, Dagestan and other certain eastern regions with mountain ranges, where combat sports such as sambo and wrestling are both  a cultural practice and a means of social empowerment and self defense to a degree, would be the more plausible explanation for why on average those in these regions are dominating: genetics and environmental conditions.

I also agree their theological explanations and justifications does sound ridiculous, especially from Joe Rogan and a few others. I stand corrected for just generalizing that Islam and being Muslim, and generally having a strong religious background, directly equals being a much better fighter on average. This YouTube Channel is IMO a decent underrated Channel that covers martial arts and bare knuckle fighting, but it's owner has an Islam background so it made sense why he arranged the clips like this now. Again thanks for clarifying because I just went with the video.

I think to be fair to that YouTuber he's making a point, but this point of how Islam turns into fighters is very contentious because you then have to be willing to bring up the caliphate version of Islam, and contend with the more extremist interpretations of Islam because Islam at that region of the middle east and other parts of the middle east, and at that time were from a warring tribe surrounded by other warring tribes. So IMO very contentious due to the current stereotypes and having to address the historical events of parts of Islam being violent as in those time periods. Also, putting aside hard work and training, Mohammad Ally also had good genetics and environmental conditions, good height advantage and arm length over his opponents, and cardio which allowed him that edge, but using him as an example is sketchy because before converting to Islam he was a Christian with a troubled parental relationship and family. I'd go as far as to claim that in the USA's history of the slave trade, and artificial breeding by masters over slaves to breed the ideal physical traits of slave labors for longer endurance and stronger lifting of material, which all of this is systemic, that 400 years of slavery is why Mohammad Ally was that powerful and others like him are that powerful to begin with.

All that is difficult about Islam is praying 5 times a day and fasting. And obviously, it's basically based on the threat of punishment, purely orthodoxy. And if you don't believe me and think I'm saying this out of Islamophobia, just poll some imams and contemplate how the only thing that interests them is their asanas. “According to a haddit from Caliph Warlalat Zulut, you gain 30 asanas if you say something after your first! 👍👍” lol.
I'm not an ascetic lol, but Indian ascetic traditions, Theverada Buddhism or similar cults certainly go more in this sense of "transcending oneself" than Islam.

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

P.S. Synchronicity is a funny bitch, because this week I just got an app, Uniciv, which is a decent spin off of Civ 5, and one of the civilizations I founded the religion Buddhism with one of the great prophet units, and added the leader and follower enhancers as Buddhism with a more warfare and combat bonus, so when I read your analogy I can't believe it, it's insane to think I also just did the analogy you forwarded, but in that game🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

I really like this game, I think I'm going to download it again. :P
+ Cool synchronicity, the more you are aware of being God, the more there will be. 👍

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.