Cosmin Visan

Penetrating academia

8 posts in this topic

While the internet is the greatest invention of mankind for making knowledge available to anyone, the power is still in the grip of academia. It is academia that decides what school kids are taught. And since at the present historical time the dogma in academia is materialism, this is what kids are indoctrinated into in schools. And even when the kids grow and learn to search for themselves for knowledge and eventually finds it on the internet, they continue to be powerless and materialism keeps on going, keeps receiving funds from the funding agencies and governments, etc. So as much as we write papers and make videos and put them on the internet, it seems to me that they have no effect upon the church of materialism. So if we are to do something, we have to do it by penetrating academia and making this knowledge mainstream in academia. And my question is, how can this be achieved ? I sent thousands of emails to professors in academia with my papers and barely a handful ever answered. Ok, I'm nobody, but what about Leo ? Did he with his over one million subscribers and many more viewers, did he succeed in getting his message into academia ? And of course, there are countless other channels equally with millions of viewers, and even conferences like "The Science of Consciousness". But somehow it seems their effect is zero. If you randomly ask some university professor about consciousness, he doesn't even know what that word is, as if they never in their life even entered on youtube. So what is the solution ? Travelling for decades from university to university and knocking on professors doors ? After spending more than a decade thinking and writing about consciousness, I think I did my part in this life of uncovering knowledge and on this aspect of life I have nothing more to bring. So I want to focus now on getting the message to academia. That's why I want to find solution of how can this be done.

The solution is to stop caring about academia. Academia is a specific kind of game that wise people should not even enter.

Your focus should be on directly helping mankind, not convincing academics of spiritual things.

If you want better schools, just go build your own school. Don't bother convincing anyone of your views.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Growing the community, it will permeate through all of society, and Academia relatively early actually, it just takes time though. But engaging and nurturing the existing community, so as to be a haven for anyone that peeks their head through the door, that will spread it.

20 hours ago, Devin said:

Academia relatively early actually, it just takes time though. 

It's founded almost 2500 years ago in Athens. This is relatively late actually.

20 hours ago, Devin said:

it just takes time though. But engaging and nurturing the existing community, so as to be a haven for anyone that peeks their head through the door, that will spread it.

This sounds good, but all societies eventually just collapse at some point and start all over again as childs. It's the nature of tragedy.

5 hours ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

It's founded almost 2500 years ago in Athens. This is relatively late actually.

This sounds good, but all societies eventually just collapse at some point and start all over again as childs. It's the nature of tragedy.

You don't understand how 'relative' or logic works.

Society has never collapsed, we're still continuing Algebra, Geometry, Science, and Arabic Numerals from four-thousand years ago.

Edited by Devin

1 hour ago, Devin said:

You don't understand how 'relative' or logic works.

Society has never collapsed, we're still continuing Algebra, Geometry, Science, and Arabic Numerals from four-thousand years ago.

Okay I am out of logic.

We're still continuing technical continuum. We even made an atom bomb on the way and threw it on bunch of civilians. If  scientists had ''logic'' they would not create that thing. It was just so out of their control. If you are doing things like these there might be something wrong about your or my society at it's core.

On 29.12.2023 at 0:42 PM, Leo Gura said:

If you want better schools, just go build your own school. Don't bother convincing anyone of your views.

Is not about convincing anyone. Is about visibility. The way society is structured today, any other method will fall short of providing proper visibility. At most through the internet you can reach few million people. But through academia you reach the entire planet. And doing so, high school kids can then choose a career in consciousness instead of being led astray to physics or other "scientific" fields. And this will lead to developing consciousness technologies, like playing video games directly in consciousness worlds, not on computer screens. For such developments to take place you need the effort of the entire mankind, you cannot do it through limited private initiative. At least not at the present time. First you need to spread the knowledge, and then you can build some SpaceX of your own. And for this initial step of spreading the knowledge I see no other better way than through the already built structures of academia/nationalized educational systems. Because even for places like SpaceX, is not like Elon Musk took some random guys and he taught them physics, engineering, rocket science. That would have been impossible. They already came with the required knowledge from world-wide educational systems. For advanced stuff you need wide spread organized structures. Anarchy will not do it.

Edited by Cosmin Visan

On 29.12.2023 at 1:42 PM, Leo Gura said:

That's how acadamia got started. Didn't give  shit about what the city  thinks.

Edited by Sucuk Ekmek