Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkKol

Poor appetite is ruining my life.

5 posts in this topic

I transitioned to what most would call a healthy diet, I don't ever cheat on it besides when I go out, and even then I'm resistant. This food is just so far from palatable, and this really caught my attention today when a friend of mine said he couldn't finish the pizza he ordered but finished a huge bowl of ice cream and fruit because It's just that palatable. Popular bodybuilders today like Sam Sulek eat shitty foods only because they're hyper-palatable and easy to eat, not because they're higher in calories, you can eat the same amount of calories and macronutrients of healthy food in theory, but It's much harder. 

My appetite is killing me because It's so bad It's causing me malnutrition, some days It's not bad some days It's downright terrible like I'm living in Africa. Bad sleep causes my appetite to plummet, but I just can't control my sleep quantity at this time of my life. 

It doesn't help that I removed all forms of sugar besides blueberries and other types of berries, no bananas, apples or other forms of fruit. Now I'm second-guessing this decision.

I accidentally posted this in the wrong section.

Edited by MarkKol

Why removing sugar ? 

Food plan idea for low appetite :P :

Breakfast : Miel Pops and whole milk.

Lunch : 250g of ground steak "fried" in a little butter, 100g of black rice (weighed raw) with like 20g of butter or olive oil. Coca Cola or fruit juice for dessert.

Snack : One or several fruits (mandarins, oranges, bananas, red fruits, etc, whatever)

Diner : Vegetable and potatoes soup, with crème fraîche.

In any case that's how I eat, a little inspired by Ray Peat, but despite a history of severe insomnia and lots of bullshit I've been able to do my thyroid functions and my testosterone are excellent.
In fact when it comes to testosterone, when I was almost vegan and a little orthorexic I was at a little over 600ng/dl, now I'm at 1000!

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

38 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

In fact when it comes to testosterone, when I was almost vegan and a little orthorexic I was at a little over 600ng/dl, now I'm at 1000!

Did your sleep improve & have you noticed an increase in energy or libido? 

Ray Peat might be the antichrist of average health advice

12 hours ago, MarkKol said:

Did your sleep improve & have you noticed an increase in energy or libido? 

No, probably because my metabolism has increased.
Anything that increases blood sugar, including sexual excitement (oddly enough), sedates me.

12 hours ago, MarkKol said:

Ray Peat might be the antichrist of average health advice

Not so much actually, it's more avant-garde than anything else.
Incidentally, empirical observations prove him right most of the time. 

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

I've had issues with low appetite, so I started consuming medjool dates and nuts. Easy way to get calories without effort.