kenway

Best Cover Songs

27 posts in this topic

One thing that I've always found perplexing is how incredibly rare good (or even tolerable) cover versions of Beatles songs are... you should think that these songs are so well written that it is impossible to screw 'em up, but no. (The most atrocious thing I have probably ever heard - and seen - was a version of I AM The Walrus that was sung by Bono... uuuuurrrrrgggh. My stomach churns just thinking about it!)

Having said that, here is one of the very rare exceptions to the rule:

Okay, technically this is a George Harrison solo song from 1970, written after the Fab Four had already split up, so perhaps it doesn't really count as a Beatles cover. But damn... this is as good as it gets! :x

Why so serious?

8 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

One thing that I've always found perplexing is how incredibly rare good (or even tolerable) cover versions of Beatles songs are... you should think that these songs are so well written that it is impossible to screw 'em up, but no. (The most atrocious thing I have probably ever heard - and seen - was a version of I AM The Walrus that was sung by Bono... uuuuurrrrrgggh. My stomach churns just thinking about it!)

Having said that, here is one of the very rare exceptions to the rule:

Okay, technically this is a George Harrison solo song from 1970, written after the Fab Four had already split up, so perhaps it doesn't really count as a Beatles cover. But damn... this is as good as it gets! :x

Wow! It's amazing!

AI The Walrus

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1. Not sure how I feel about the original song, but I love this cover on the harp guitar!

2. An interesting and beautiful cover of the rock and roll masterpiece, November Rain.

Edited by ryandesreu