Buck Edwards

Two tier policing in Britain

8 posts in this topic

its populist the police wont make arrests if its unpopular because they will have to deal with the fall out, criticism , demand for police restriction and budget cuts etc. If on the other hand people peacefully demonstrating causes widespread offence they will also have to deal with the fall out, people rioting , counter protests, criticism of the police for tolerating it , then lack of police support then budget cuts and further restrictions on police autonomy . Its unpopular to arrests palestinian protestors due to the emotion involved in it, although I think they have draw the line at death threats and direct support of terrorism. On the otherhand people criticising the monarchy is just going to cause brawling and aggrovation between the far right that love ma queen and country and the left that like to make a noise . I do have to laugh though when people through eggs at king charles he litterally doesnt flinch

'is that all you got ole chap ive been dodging eggs since i broke up with diana'

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

5 minutes ago, Chives99 said:

its populist the police wont make arrests if its unpopular because they will have to deal with the fall out, criticism , demand for police restriction and budget cuts etc. If on the other hand people peacefully demonstrating causes widespread offence they will also have to deal with the fall out, people rioting , counter protests, criticism of the police for tolerating it , then lack of police support then budget cuts and further restrictions on police autonomy . Its unpopular to arrests palestinian protestors due to the emotion involved in it, although I think they have draw the line at death threats and direct support of terrorism. On the otherhand people criticising the monarchy is just going to cause brawling and aggrovation between the far right that love ma queen and country and the left that like to make a noise . I do have to laugh though when people through eggs at king charles he litterally doesnt flinch

'is that all you got ole chap ive been dodging eggs since i broke up with diana'

Then the police don't have a spine. They aren't serving the people. They're just serving their own agenda. Do we need such police? Or do we need impartial non corrupt zero agenda officers? 

It's petty if the police are that scared. 

3 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

Then the police don't have a spine. They aren't serving the people. They're just serving their own agenda. Do we need such police? Or do we need impartial non corrupt zero agenda officers? 

It's petty if the police are that scared. 

its not about being scared, its about being practical, the government can just reorganise the police and enact law change if the police aren't serving their interests and those in power are elitist. The royal family are basically immune to arrest, we had a strong liberal labour leader a few years ago that was popular with young people but the media (which serves the elite) painted him as a dirty communist just because he had true values to make society better for every day people but of course we can't stop the rich elite from becoming any more rich than they already are. The french had the right idea beheading their monarch and now they hold those in power to account.

3 minutes ago, Chives99 said:

its not about being scared, its about being practical, the government can just reorganise the police and enact law change if the police aren't serving their interests and those in power are elitist. The royal family are basically immune to arrest, we had a strong liberal labour leader a few years ago that was popular with young people but the media (which serves the elite) painted him as a dirty communist just because he had true values to make society better for every day people but of course we can't stop the rich elite from becoming any more rich than they already are. The french had the right idea beheading their monarch and now they hold those in power to account.

That's sad. I don't even believe in the monarchy anymore. They're a bunch of crooks. 

3 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

That's sad. I don't even believe in the monarchy anymore. They're a bunch of crooks. 

they dont hold any relevance for modern day democracy , its just pageantry and tradition 

GB News is the UK's Fox News. They have an agenda in their programming.