Applegarden8

The value problem and why life purpose course exists

7 posts in this topic

There is nothing in our education system that teaches us or shows/convinces us to live a sustainable life.

On one hand you are a slave to anything that can be sold to you or any content you can potentially consume. This is one part of a problem. If you had your own set of values, priorities, then these people couldn't sell large variety of content and services and some industries would just die. Possibly some of these industries are also ran by well let's say organized bad people in groups and they will not let them die and will probably kill for it.

Another is the "righteous" and "virtuous" people or people who want to turn you into their vision. If you have no vision, it's easy for it to be overriding. I think this is generally a bad thing because it ties with the first problem and you really do not know or care to check what is the actual thing you are doing. Or it may turn out that you do some irreversible thing in your life and it turns out you did not want it at all. One form is that they will try to sell you their vision or endlessly shame or guilt you that you don't do like them and assume that their way is the only correct way to live and get very angry if you resist, you know, like any healthy grown up who obviously has something you don't would do. (It's almost comical)

So, there has to be some core, something from which motivation, values, behavior itself can be triggered, changed etc. Some kind of emotional re-wiring which is something so unheard of since nobody does it. I am after that. So this is why I am here. I want to find a permanent and systemic solution to live a sustainable life materially and spiritually. Or even if I fail the material part, it's OK. The spiritual aspect is enough. Imagine if you went to sleep and in that experience you don't experience sleep but something else that answers most critical questions about reality. If you really understood what infinite, eternal, temporary really mean, how would you live? What could trigger you?

If you ask yourself what can I do that will bring the most value to others that gives a lot of clarity 

8 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

If you ask yourself what can I do that will bring the most value to others that gives a lot of clarity 

Good point. But it also has to be something unique to what I can give also. I will need some time to think about this.

25 minutes ago, Applegarden8 said:

Good point. But it also has to be something unique to what I can give also. I will need some time to think about this.

If you ask yourself what can "I DO" that will bring the most value....

Don't complicate it :)

1 hour ago, Twentyfirst said:

If you ask yourself what can "I DO" that will bring the most value....

Don't complicate it :)

Maybe, but first I will take Leo's word for it, and still take some good amount of time to look for what practically makes me happier, it is not that simple and I will listen to him because of where he is in life. Life has beaten me for oversimplified things before, it all turns back to delusion. I have to understand what will even bring the most value or some practically relative value, wether I even want to provide any value (assuming that providing value makes me happy, since it's just a popularity/evolutionary argument) and is it even meaningful or is there any meaning to meaning.

17 minutes ago, Applegarden8 said:

Maybe, but first I will take Leo's word for it, and still take some good amount of time to look for what practically makes me happier, it is not that simple and I will listen to him because of where he is in life. Life has beaten me for oversimplified things before, it all turns back to delusion. I have to understand what will even bring the most value or some practically relative value, wether I even want to provide any value (assuming that providing value makes me happy, since it's just a popularity/evolutionary argument) and is it even meaningful or is there any meaning to meaning.

I haven't taken his course but I heard it's top tier. Go for it

28 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

I haven't taken his course but I heard it's top tier. Go for it

Thank you for your advice man.