Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PurpleTree

waking up with heart racing from nightmare

9 posts in this topic

woke up in the middle of the night with heart racing and anxiety

wasn’t easy but eventually got back to sleep

now during the day still feel a bit anxious

i wonder if it’s anxiety stored in the body that wants to be felt and get out, because i was doing quite a lot of inquiry the last two days

the nightmare was weird. Basically a guy i used to hang out with a lot and smoke weed. Haven’t hung out with him for like 15 yrs but still see him in the city sometimes. Well in the dream he turned into a psychopath, attacked me and wanted to kill me 🦆

You might have visited an alternate world or something like that, but i think that's not your question. However, yeah, you probably have some subjects around which you feel resistance, which you've not resolved yet, and it appears to you in those ways that make you feel uncomfortable in your dream state. 

You see, you might ask yourself how you are feeling in your daily life in general, and identify your fears and worries, and so forth, without getting too much in the stories around those feelings, and you might get more clarity about why you had such a dream, as a possible answer, perhaps. Don't get so lost in the shadow work though, don't try to resolve your resistance so hard and fast, you know. 

Edited by Vibroverse

7 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

You might have visited an alternate world or something like that, but i think that's not your question. However, yeah, you probably have some subjects around which you feel resistance, which you've not resolved yet, and it appears to you in those ways that make you feel uncomfortable in your dream state. 

You see, you might ask yourself how you are feeling in your daily life in general, and identify your fears and worries, and so forth, without getting too much in the stories around those feelings, and you might get more clarity about why you had such a dream, as a possible answer, perhaps. Don't get so lost in the shadow work though, don't try to resolve your resistance so hard and fast, you know. 

Yea in some recen-ish “trips” (well one like a year ago and one like a month ago) i went into really deep fear and paranoia about people wanting to hurt me or my mother etc 🐿️

Yeah, and when you are in a state of paranoia, it is like thoughts within thoughts within thoughts that build a strong seeming structure that makes it feel very real and solid to you, right? Well, that's how mind works, it structures stories and different levels and modes of awareness. 

You see, as i've discovered, the greatest way of dealing with that is to simply be aware of where you are, allowing yourself to find your inner resonance more and more, and not getting lost in the details of your analyses of your mind. 

Because when you are in a lower or resistant state of consciousness, that's the direction your mind take you towards more and more. That's why i'd recommend that care more about staying aware as you're doing your shadow work and things like that. 

16 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Yeah, and when you are in a state of paranoia, it is like thoughts within thoughts within thoughts that build a strong seeming structure that makes it feel very real and solid to you, right? Well, that's how mind works, it structures stories and different levels and modes of awareness. 

You see, as i've discovered, the greatest way of dealing with that is to simply be aware of where you are, allowing yourself to find your inner resonance more and more, and not getting lost in the details of your analyses of your mind. 

Because when you are in a lower or resistant state of consciousness, that's the direction your mind take you towards more and more. That's why i'd recommend that care more about staying aware as you're doing your shadow work and things like that. 

Would yo rather feel the feeling fully without thoughts, ask it why are you here what are you trying to tell me etc

or would you rather try to find a frequency of peace

I would find a frequency of peace first, and then ask the question, because we cannot truly hear the answer otherwise. 

7 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

woke up in the middle of the night with heart racing and anxiety

wasn’t easy but eventually got back to sleep

now during the day still feel a bit anxious

i wonder if it’s anxiety stored in the body that wants to be felt and get out, because i was doing quite a lot of inquiry the last two days

the nightmare was weird. Basically a guy i used to hang out with a lot and smoke weed. Haven’t hung out with him for like 15 yrs but still see him in the city sometimes. Well in the dream he turned into a psychopath, attacked me and wanted to kill me 🦆

Man nightmares can be rough. I hope it gets better. It would be rough if this persists too long. I hope you find peace.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

Man nightmares can be rough. I hope it gets better. It would be rough if this persists too long. I hope you find peace.

Once the fear went away i became quite very relaxed in the evening it became a quite blissful evening.

There was a storn outside so went and walked in the storm. Took the tram then the trams couldn’t drive anymore because of the storm. So was stranded at the tram station watching the leaves dancing in the wind.

there was this cute chick coming to sit next ish to me on the tram. But she was so glued to he phone all the time. She never even watched the storm. These people are so addicted to their phone if ww3 ever comes they’ll probably be glued to their phone while a nuke drops on their head.

walked further talked to an 80 year old woman like 25 minutes

good stuff

9 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Once the fear went away i became quite very relaxed in the evening it became a quite blissful evening.

There was a storn outside so went and walked in the storm. Took the tram then the trams couldn’t drive anymore because of the storm. So was stranded at the tram station watching the leaves dancing in the wind.

there was this cute chick coming to sit next ish to me on the tram. But she was so glued to he phone all the time. She never even watched the storm. These people are so addicted to their phone if ww3 ever comes they’ll probably be glued to their phone while a nuke drops on their head.

walked further talked to an 80 year old woman like 25 minutes

good stuff

The WW3 bit made me laugh. Hope things stay peaceful.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.