Nick5050

Finding a new job

2 posts in this topic

Hello, i have some struggle finding a job i will enjoy. I have been studying a bachelor degree in finances and insurances which is normally a 3 year's study. I had some difficulties completing it and after 5 years i quit this education program because i failed like 6 subjects and didn't felt like studying another year. Those 6 subjects where the last ones i had to succeed in order to obtain my degree. I started a job as an logistics worker in a pharmacy company and after 2 years working there i felt like i was stuck again so i decided to try to complete my bachelors degree again. So i obtained my degree in one year study while working full time. Now i graduated and i'm 29 years old with no experience in any corporate field. I made a few mistakes at my current job and gotten a written warning for things i don't consider that severe. Anyway i decided to resign from this job in order to look for something new where i can grow and obtain some skills. I was not learning anything new and i just stayed there so long for the comfort, good hours and easy work, the salary was medium. It was a hard decision but i didn't felt like it would be something i wanted to do for the rest of my life. Now jobless, the weather is awful and depressing. It's hard to motivate myself and apply for new jobs. Which i think will be more hours and harder work but i am not sure. I have also some side hustle i'm doing and making okay money on the side with that. I'm trying to find something i want to grow in and learn new things and that i will enjoy. I have good physique, communication skills and i speak 4 languages. I'm just not sure if a corporate job will be something for me? I've never tried it before. What cool jobs are there?

@Nick5050 A lot of this depends on the country you live in. Some countries are hideously difficult to find work in like India for instance. Everyone is overqualified and looking for work

in the west you should find something that interests you and start from the bottom. Maybe finance and insurance is not an interest to you? I would expand your horizons and look at other possible routes

for example if you want to help people then start out as a support worker for instance. If it’s sales, take a stab at a call centre role. 

it is really difficult because everything is often a tick box. If you don’t tick the boxes it’s game over. Doesn’t matter how great your presentation is or how well you come across in an interview - that’s my experience. You might need to retrain in an areas of interest

also really focus on your professional profile. Do you have a high quality LinkedIn profile? Good quality CV that cover not just your skills but a snapshot of your character. Include a photo of yourself. Heck, do a video of yourself talking about yourself and your experience along with what your after and link to YouTube (obvs one of those links that mean that only those with the link can view). 

do what others are not doing 

Worth mentioning it’s not always up to you what happens. If you get a job you get it, but if you don’t you don’t. If you’ve done everything you know you possible can to get a job then there’s nothing more to do. Let yourself off the hook. It’s up to the universe to decide. Most things are out of your control all you can do is control your immediate actions. You are not in control of those that interview you or the quality of candidates they have already seen. Let the universe decide and don’t blame yourself 

Edited by Chadders
Change