Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
at_anchor

Am I experiencing my past simultaneously as my present and future?

9 posts in this topic

Do you know from experience or something if it is the case that we are experiencing our past, present and future simultaneously?

Furthermore, could there be more than one version of one life lived as a whole? This second question is less relevant, but still, are there multiple ways things could have played out existing in time simultaneously and being experienced by me all at once.

Of course, I'm just talking about my body and life. I lost the sense there is the same me in other bodies as well. Their knowledge, desires and behaviors don't align, so I naturally think they can't be me.

Edited by at_anchor

If I take my direct experience as gospel truth, then the past and future are very different things from the now. The now encompasses everything including the past and future.  Your question would assume that the past, present and future are the same thing.

What exists is what I can experience directly. Everything else is like a hole in a doughnut, see here:

If it's not in your direct experience it has a different sort of existence, what I call "negative space" in my journal. Direct experience is then "positive space".

Your other selves would exist only in negative space. If by some miracle or process they entered into your positive space, then they would exist in your direct experience and would be "real" in some sense. Until that happens they are only "potential".

All stories and explanations are false.

11 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

The now encompasses everything including the past and future.

My present moment today feels different and is experienced differently than my present moment of yesterday. Does time still hold me of yesterday or is that swollowed by darkness, where did it disappeared? Do I still exist and experience yesterday? Could I travel back in time to see myself yesterday?

14 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

If it's not in your direct experience it has a different sort of existence, what I call "negative space" in my journal. Direct experience is then "positive space".

Your other selves would exist only in negative space. If by some miracle or process they entered into your positive space, then they would exist in your direct experience and would be "real" in some sense. Until that happens they are only "potential".

I don't understand. Negative space.

So if they exist in my direct experience they become real. But what if it is the same for them? What if I exist in a "negative space" for them and until I become direct experience for them I ain't "real"?

Thank you for contributing to helping me figure this out. 

All times exist simultaneously on a vibrational level, like on a possibility level. And what you perceive as the now is the current vibrational structure of your consciousness being perceived by you. Don't get lost in these thoughts, though. 

Edited by Vibroverse

43 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

All times exist simultaneously on a vibrational level,

So that means that I am still experiencing what I experienced yesterday and will be doing that for eternity...

That's amazing! Why is reality like that?

It means that future is predetermined and that there is absolutely nothing you can do to change it. 

It means the Universe "painted" malevolence, injustice and all that bad stuff in time just because it wanted everything to exist in time. Time is infinity then. There is nothing but time. Everything that exist is held in time. Time can't stop existing. 

But how, where, it's like how can dinosaurs be walking the Earth simultaneously as I am and not be seen. It's a mistery. All that happening at the same time. Wow.

1 hour ago, at_anchor said:

So if they exist in my direct experience they become real. But what if it is the same for them? What if I exist in a "negative space" for them and until I become direct experience for them I ain't "real"?

That's exactly how it works.

It's up to you if you want to call positive space real or not. I prefer to call it a different type of existence. There's positive space existence and negative space existence.

My present moment today feels different and is experienced differently than my present moment of yesterday. Does time still hold me of yesterday or is that swollowed by darkness, where did it disappeared?

The present moment of yesterday went into negative space. The present moment is always positive space.

Do I still exist and experience yesterday?

Negative space is always relative to positive space that's its function. Like a hole in a doughnut, it can't exist without the doughnut itself.

You can exist and experience yesterday, but only from the vantage point of now (positive space).

Could I travel back in time to see myself yesterday?

Stuff moves between negative and positive space all the time. But the movement isn't totally random. There's rules to follow, some things are seemingly impossible.

Your memory of yesterday is part of negative space. To travel back you'd have to force it into positive space.

Edited by LastThursday

@LastThursday There is nothing like traveling back in time. Yeah, traveling the world is great, but staying in one area where you travel inthe past and to the future a lot would be even better.

If you are not in my direct experience are you in a negative space or positive space if we both live in the same moment? So do I in negative space of the past exist simultaneously, live and breathe the same way that you exist simultaneously, live and breathe now at the same moment, just we're not in direct experience of each other? Is it like that?

20 minutes ago, at_anchor said:

Is it like that?

Yup, same. I only exist in negative space from your viewpoint. The only difference is that I could potentially transition into your positive space at any moment. The past already transitioned into your positive space already (just once), so it's unlikely to happen again (rules). But the rules say, that I have to travel to you. So I couldn't appear in your positive space right now, all of a sudden, it would take time. But a bit of me is leaking into your positive space by you reading this.

So really negative space emerges or grows out of positive space. It's like a huge scaffhold of potential and probability and relationships - where some things are more possible than others.

Edited by LastThursday

Rituals that are practiced by Native Americans work with 'sacred time' in which past, present, and future co-exist. Things that have been, are, and will be all exist together at the same (non-)time. 

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...