itsadistraction

Would Trump be better for the world?

5 posts in this topic

The only good talking point I keep hearing about Trump is that he is better for world peace. 

The reasoning is that other (stage red) strongmen around the world are better behaved when there is another strongman/ wannabe dictator in the Whitehouse. 

Looking around the world I can't help thinking this might be the case. Stage red strongmen all over the world see Biden (stage orange/green) as an opportunity to take advantage of stage green weakness. 

Also perhaps Trump is more of an isolationist, which might provoke other countries less. 

What are your thoughts? Where did I go wrong? 

2 hours ago, itsadistraction said:

What are your thoughts? Where did I go wrong? 

Using one aspect of consciousness as an absolute for anything. Any one stage, or one part of the political compass in the driving seat is out of balance.

What is a peaceful world in your eyes?

Is it border conflicts, regional wars , and aggressive expansion? If so american isolationism will certainly encourage more of that. Look back through history for examples of authoritarian countries waging war against each other endlessly, or just recent history.

The things keeping one authoritarian-biased country in check are factors such as money, a perceived sense of morality that has been empowered, social movements against losses, and another country's authority. In this case America's and Western versions of these things. If America had let Ukraine get overrun completely, then an emboldened Russia would be after parts of Europe next, and that's certainly an expanding regional conflict anything up to a world war. Putin before the war kept saying he wanted parts of Western Europe, they were rolling out the USSR flag. It was American and Western arms, financial, and social impetus that have checked Russia and have ground their capability to wage war down to nothing for anything up to a decade. It's not finished but Russia has been stopped for now. 

If China can just take over the ocean and keep expanding as they have been overrunning countries around them such as Tibet and Turkmenistan, then that's regional war(s) in the Pacific. 

Does the West have to support people attacking and committing war crimes to achieve peace? Hell no. In Israel right now that's generating another 20, 30, even 50 years of violence to come. It was the same when America went into Iraq and many of us were yelling it back then. Decisions that cost lives CANNOT, be made on emotion. At least we've pulled back the complete insanity of trying to grow the problem to include as many countries as possible, though the actions going on are creating some of that anyway.

Look at it another way. Russia has managed to convince or socially engineer its population that the war is a good or necessary thing. Replicate that 200 times for all countries around the globe. Does that sound like a peaceful world to you? What happens when authoritarian-biased governments no longer have the current targets? They make more up because they require them to function that way. They need an enemy, a threat, some way to feel like the hero or savior, to establish control over something, or reaffirm their own organizational structures legitimacy or control. If it's not 'the west' it'll be X or Y that's the target. *When this is balanced by other values it can be useful to solve problems, focus attention, and establish control or maintain something, when its out of balance it becomes the problem.

Edited by BlueOak

58 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

Russia has managed to convince or socially engineer its population that the war is a good or necessary thing. Replicate that 200 times for all countries around the globe. Does that sound like a peaceful world to you? What happens when authoritarian-biased governments no longer have the current targets? 

Russia annexed Crimea under Obama, then again invaded Ukraine under Biden. China too has waited till Trump was gone to do what it's doing. 

These thugs around the world were better behaved with Trump as President. 

I always vote liberal but makes me wonder if a crazy man in the Whitehouse makes other crazy men around the world better behaved? 

Edited by itsadistraction

Perhaps helps with deterrence but don't forget the danger of 2 nuclear-armed stage redders already at war. Looking forward to yellow in this regard 

13 hours ago, itsadistraction said:

Russia annexed Crimea under Obama, then again invaded Ukraine under Biden. China too has waited till Trump was gone to do what it's doing. 

These thugs around the world were better behaved with Trump as President. 

I always vote liberal but makes me wonder if a crazy man in the Whitehouse makes other crazy men around the world better behaved? 

Strong men don't have to be completely overrun by stage red or blue thinking. Any man can be strong or show authority if stands his ground and has integrity. You are arguing that someone needs to be detached from critical thinking to be strong. That is not at all true. 

Forget the thousands of years of history disapproving this, that stage red or blue have wars all the time with each other.  Forget that we've got two blue/red leaders in the Middle East going at it and Trump is as far right and in support of it as you can get. You think he would have said woah now and pulled it back?  Do you think anyone in the middle east gives a damn at the moment who is in power in America? Sure he likes Putin more and Putin likes him more because it's convenient, it bolsters their own interests and pursuit of power. The second it doesn't assist them they are back to hating each other again or demonizing 'the other'. See Trump hating on China whenever it's convenient. 

Red needs an opponent. It always needs an opponent. That need doesn't go away until enough suffering is experienced. Blue needs to extend its authority over others, that need never goes away until the realization of its futility or the fragility of overextending something is understood.

Internally. You can't put a square peg in a round hole either. There is going to be political violence in America to some degree during the election cycle. Because there was an attempt to put stage blue/red over orange/green, it doesn't work. It never will. America is now dividing itself further because of things like education diverging to generate two different societies from the ground up. Yes, I can see that in reverse too, exactly the same problem. Compromise and coalition is the better way forward in the world around us or within our own countries, not division. BRICKS vs NATO, different stages of development or points on the political compass claiming superiority over any issue, (you are doing it again here), all lead to imbalanced outcomes, pulling us apart rather than making a functioning whole that can last.

We can touch on financial institutions (having more power than the average politician to resist or rule over them. The political upheaval of having authoritarian leaders everywhere trying to enforce narrower and narrower viewpoints. The breakdown of society a top-heavy country causes, the suffering in poverty many of its people experience. The utter stagnation a leader like that brings culturally, and decline across all fronts of society as a whole. (All Stages) Conspiracy theories are now mainstream, which completely wrecks the legitimacy of the rule of law, or institutions society requires to function. Any sense of perceived social contract or truth people share in a common reality to base their lives around. Talking about the most insane things people looked up online and then trying to reverse justify it. Elvis is not dead, prove me wrong, i'll just shout it loud enough and not care anyway. Let's teach in schools that denying reality is the path to success, while the bridges we stand on collapse around us, literally in some cases.

There are many factors why what you are saying is out of balance. 

tl;dr

If you are ever going to advocate for anything to solve a problem, look at all the stages in balance and draw from all of them. That way you get a balanced approach or answer.

Edited by BlueOak