Something Funny

Are there any fashion designers / people making clothes here?

4 posts in this topic

Or shoes.

I would like to talk to someone to get a broad overview of the whole process, to get some direction.

I was a fashion designer for many years. Did the whole runway models fashion shows thing. Had 6 employes. My advice, come up with something so niche and unique, it's different than what anyone else is doing. 

@Sempiternity wow, that's really cool.

What I struggle with is understanding the whole learning path. Like what skills do I need to have and how to learn them.

- Do I need to learn how to draw?

- Do I need to learn sketchting clothes on paper, or is there a digital spftware where it is done right now?

- Do I need to learn 3d modeling in programs like Blender?

- Do I need to learn how to sew / knit / chrochet by hand?

- What about embroidery?

- What about all sorts of fabrics, textiles, and dyes? Where do I learn about them (which are the best for what, how they are made, how they are produced, etc, etc).

- What if I want to make shoes, how tf do I learn that?

I have beem looking for some courses online but most of them are very unholistic and focus on some one little things, like "how to sew your own set of pants".

15 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

My advice, come up with something so niche and unique, it's different than what anyone else is doing. 

That's what I want to do, but one of my fears os that I want be able to come up with unique, creative, beautiful designs.