Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rafael Thundercat

The amazing Volcano Snail and one Bias

2 posts in this topic

First I had one experince where I was in contemplation of a single Bias  the Bias against certain temperatures. Imagine you go to take a shower and you forget this bias, you end up burned very soon, thats why you modulate the shower to be exactly a tolerable heat. 

I notice this as a Bias and ask myself what would happen If I would let go of this Bias. I could not live long if I was indiferent to hot or cold, this distiction is not even equal to all living organisms.

Check the Volcano Snail for example, this creature is an Alien in this planet.

https://youtu.be/7GFtRPYfvcs?si=2qUReiXs0HaYEULN

And even being a creature thar can Survive in such extreme temperature it still need to be constrained to some balance, maybe it would not survive at extreme cold water or even ice, but I heard of a frog that can freeze and come back to life.

You can't really accidentally forget or let go of the perception of temperature. You have temperature receptors built in your body and your brain does the math for you consistently. Also, the system is set up in a way as to preserve the structure of your tissue. Bad things start to happen to your proteins (they literally make up your whole body) even at slight temperature changes. So there's an in-built alarm system as the body strives to preserve homeostasis as much as possible. 

As for other creatures, yes, nature is quite fascinating, isn't she? I believe tardigrades are considered to be the toughest of them all :D