jdc7733

How to find gay men who are not just looking for a hookup?

3 posts in this topic

I met some guy who was cute, we spoke for a while, we started kissing, we went to the bedroom, I couldn’t “finish”, then, he just made some excuse to get rid of me. We were talking fine before that. It’s not that I’m against having sex it’s just that I want the relationship the focus on sex to relationship to be 1:1, or, at least like someone who wants to get more of a full friendship or romantic relationship out of it, rather than just about sex. The thing is, usually people are looking for sex or a relationship to begin with and I kinda want some experience of both. I want to have 2 types of cake and to eat them both, so to speak. There are literally no other guys like this, unless they’re like closeted friends that were friends to begin with. I just thought, I should probably be focusing on things other than dating rn, my mind just kinda hops from one thing to another, but, I feel like there’s always going to be something going on in my life that’s strange or bad, so, like, I should just go ahead with dating. What do you think?

I would say go on grindr and put “looking for more than just hookups” or something of the like in ur bio. But idk know much about Grindr so that might not be the nature of the community but could be worth a try, who knows 

Look for spiritual people 

Edited by Buck Edwards

You should seek to transcend the limitations of the ego and the mind in order to experience a sense of unity with the universe or ultimate reality. You can do meditation,sef inquiry and contemplating for that. To recognize the underlying oneness that is believed to exist beyond the realm of dualistic perception.