Majed

perspective on sexuality other than the pick up perspective.

4 posts in this topic

if you follow leo, you're probably familiar with the pick up perspective around sexuality. However i think it's a very partial and limited perspective, and that without studying other ones might lead to epistemic blind spots. So i think it's valuable to open oneself up to other perspectives around sexuality whether more conservative ones like marriage and raising a family, or more liberal ones like zoophilia, pedophilia, lgbtqa+, polyamory... And maybe even some that comes from other cultures like tantra. I know it's difficult to do because it might interfere with our constructed "solid understanding of sexuality" that we got from studying and practicing pick up, at first. But in the long run i think it's worth the confusion because we'll have a more broad and sophisticated understanding of sexuality. 

Edited by Majed

Yes exactly, there's a lot to be said about just finding a great girl, settling down and forgetting about trying to get laid every weekend. 

@itsadistraction people have different preferences. for some marriage might be optimal, for others one night stands suit their desires perfectly. 

but this is all still within heterosexuality. 

and even if you decide monogamy, there's still many different ways to experience sex with your partner. Tantra is one original way. and there are others.

Edited by Majed

All is fine if you don't waste your time.

As for me. I am about objectives, purposes, targets and aims.  I want to live life to the fullest. Sexuality is quite elementary in the grand scheme of things. There is so much more amazing things to discover and truths to find.

Sex as entertainment has limited workability and can inhibit productivity. Companionship can get quite stale without having a strong vision and purpose. 

That is all.

Phew...sleepy. 

Edited by Ajax

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches.