AndreiC

Making A Change

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Since we're all here, I'm assuming most people here have either went through, are going through, or are preparing for, some changes in your lives.

I thought, it would be nice to share the way you went about pushing your life towards your LP.

For example:

1. What challenges lay on the way ? 

2. Did you think through things carefully or were you rash ?

3. Ever had second thoughts ?

4. Were the results so far satisfying ?

Guess I'll go first.

Eventually I realized that being free to pick the work I choose to do is a great part of my LP. To create a solid base for this I had to get out of my job at the time, and move towards a small venture of my own. It's a dream I kind of always had. Now i finally had the strength to do it.

1. Biggest challenge was actually quitting even when the reasons are multiple. It's really hard to walk away from a way of life that for others seems highly desirable even if for you it's not. I mean it sounds like a no brainer, but it really is hard, especially when emotional bonds exist between coworkers. And that's not all, for me at least it got harder the closer I was to it, I mean this literary,  it was sort of like 2 magnets repelling.

I walked up to the HR person, she was on the phone, "It's a sign" I ran off.

I walked up to her the second time, I asked her how she's doing and walked away again.

Only on the third attempt did I manage to tell her my plans.

2. Regarding the choice to go through with it, I really struggled for a few months, it was hellish. I had to defeat a lot of fears to get to the point where I could go through with it. 

3. I have had a ton of second thoughts, especially when money is a problem. On a sort of higher level I'm sure I went about it correctly though and overall I'm satisfied with my choice.

4. Results so far have been pretty good, I got a team of friends working on the most insane project I could think of.

It's been a blast, we learned a lot of things from this, which I can definitely see being a huge bonus in my career in the future regardless of how my gamble plays off. I managed to get a sort of handle on myself, higher self-control, leadership, creativity, when I look back at how I was before embarking on the journey it's pretty laughable.  

@AndreiC When it comes to making a significant life change... fear is the number one obstacle.

The unknown is the source of the fear. Fear of the unknown paralyzes you and keeps you in the same unhappy place.

Good for you for overcoming your fear.

I'm still working on overcoming mine.

The number one obstacle for not making change is literally simple. It is not taking out a sheet of paper and writing down what you want.

Everything that would be credited to preventing you from making change is a false belief. This is realized when we shift our focus to what we want. Writhing it on paper and taping that paper to the wall is a commitment that prevents us from slipping back into some bullshit excuses and justifications.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm@Nahm @Bodhi123 @Bodhi123

Well we all have fears keeping us from this or that. I just thought sharing some accounts of how it actually goes down in real life may be interesting.

In my experience it almost physically felt like a forcefield. Maybe for someone else it takes another form. Would be nice to have some examples beforehand i think.

7 hours ago, My_Name_Is_Mud said:

As a last ditch attempt to help him, I've sent him some links to Leo and Emerald's videos, and I'm hoping it might start a spark of interest to pull him out of this funk. 

Can you provide me with the links to the Emerald's videos? Thanks in advance. 

I've identified my LP as something being completely out of what I studied and work in. 

Decided to return to Uni and study for new degree as a part- time and work full time during it. Haven't figured out where exactly do I want to turn my career to but i suppose I will clarify this during my studies. 

Scared shitless and worried about finances and my future but I know that if I don't do it, I'd regret it till the day I sign out from this non existing reality. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus