Jenkins

How do I embrace red shadow?

7 posts in this topic

I believe I have developed myself a lot, and the more I develop, the red shadow tends to grow as well.

Any advice?

I assume you mean stage red tendencies. Just do shadow work. 

The 3-2-1 step by Ken Wilber helped me alot. Writing it down too helped me, keeps you on track. 

I wouldn't suppress the red shadow, if it comes up then let it run it's course. As you climb higher, it will fizzle itself out for the most part. I actually think that this is your psyche or higher self telling you that there are red qualities that you want to integrate in your life. 

A few months ago, I realized that I am too much of a pushover so I decided that I was going to make sure I had red more integrated in my life. I started thinking about my own needs over other people's, started working out (angrily I might add), and in situations with friends I would put conscious attention on making sure that I was solid - not allowing myself to be swayed to do things I didn't want to do or to react a certain way in order to get approval. I became a little bit more of a jerk and more standoffish for a short while, but I set some boundaries with friends and family, got a little bigger, and started to respect myself more. Eventually, the jerk facade faded and what was left was a solid, don't fuck with me internal facade. I'm not outwardly a jerk, but if you overstep the boundaries that I have set, you are going to hear about it.

That's what integrating a healthy red looks like in my opinion. 

There isn't a red shadow or a blue shadow, there is just The Shadow with all these aspects to it.  Ken Wilber seriously overcomplicates this shit.  If you lack self-assertion e.g. you integrate self-assertion.  You start by doing a martial art or something like that. An activity where you get to engage that part of yourself.

Trying to fit in the SD paradigm is just nonsense.

Edited by SeaMonster

@Spiritual Warrior I think this might be something I need to go through as well. I always felt bad for when I was a little too much with close ones. However, it makes sense that after a while you're rebalancing yourself to a healthy standard. 

I've done that from being a complete introvert to as extrovert as I could, and after a couple of years I have balanced myself to something I considered healthy, however I might need to let more assertiveness show. Maybe I'm too empathetic at times