Mysterious Stranger

How should I deal with the Suffering of others?

3 posts in this topic

I look around me, people's lives are so fucking hard. So full of suffering.

I cry when i feel people's suffering, if i could carry all of the world's suffering, i would do it in a heart beat.
It's hard to take it where I couldn't do anything but watch it from afar. 

47 minutes ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

I look around me, people's lives are so fucking hard. So full of suffering.

I cry when i feel people's suffering, if i could carry all of the world's suffering, i would do it in a heart beat.
It's hard to take it where I couldn't do anything but watch it from afar. 

I made a post about this before, and I got some real good answers. You're probably an Empath like I am. It can be very energetically draining. This is why I don't like crowded places, I can feel everyone's energy around me. I'm still there because it's something engrained not taught but how I deal with it is to try to remember that the Universe is happening through me and nothing is lasting, it's forever fleeting and it's all a part of who I am.

That comes with practice. Somebody else will come along and give you a more practical advice as, for me, sometimes practicality doesn't work. It's a State of Being which is more embodied than talked about. An understanding of who you are and sometimes I have trouble differentiating between the Mind the Body and the Absolute.

Edited by Princess Arabia

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Work on addressing your own issues first. Just because you’re not homeless, have a debilitating disease, live in a repressive government, etc. doesn’t mean that you don’t have your own issues that need to be addressed.

By addressing your own needs first and foremost, you may find that you’re better equipped to help others in the long-term, for example, by leveraging your own unique skills and wisdom that you’ve privately honed for years.

Also, be careful of seeing suffering merely as wrong or bad. Actually, some degree of suffering is necessary and beneficial. You getting in the way from a  place of ignorance can actually stall that process and make the suffering worse. Like thinking that putting out a grease fire with water is the answer.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI