Just Watched Leo's "shocking Truth" On Enlightenment

11 posts in this topic

I enjoyed the video, but the vast majority was stuff I had already considered myself. Until seeing this, however, I had no real motivation to take the leap of faith, as I thought I was probably just on to something impractical. Now knowing that other people have had these realizations manifest in incentivizing ways, I am more motivated to take that leap of faith. 

As for the new bits of perspective I did gain:

1)Matter is an illusion; there is a field of awareness.

2) Absolute truth is possible through enlightenment.

Would anyone care to explain those two points to me? Those are the only things from the video I hadn't come to realize on my own prior, and I am having trouble understanding.

Thanks.

1) Matter does not call itself an illusion, so why do you?

It has never been an illusion, that is the label we give as humans to form.

The only one that sees all form is the one who sees and percieves. That part of you can not be conditioned. That part of you (that enlightened people realise) does not label form as an illusion.

2) Truth means here the thing you really are. Realizing enlightenment eliminates all ideas that were not in line with the way you in essence are.

note: Reacting sweet to your ego actually helps your progress to realizing enlightenment.

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

11 minutes ago, Saitama said:

@A way to Actualize  How is that not just another worldview?

I love your question!

same as saying: is knowing about enlightenment not just another worldview.

It tells that there is the one who only sees. It basically tells that calling it an illusion, you are labelling the now and not fully experiencing now. What I said in my previous post was more of a new paradigm.

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

Matter is a concept we use in tandem with atoms, molecules, and space. What's actually there is just sense perceptions and sentience...but even those are concepts. A concept is essentially an invention that comes from the mind. Concepts are illusions, for they appear to exist when they actually do not. Another word for concept is story. When you watch a movie, does the story or content of the movie actually exist? No; it's just sounds and some light projected onto a screen.   

Enlightenment is the realization of Absolute Truth. Absolute Truth is Absolute, meaning that it's True for eternity: True before you were born, True now, and True after you die. It's not that Absolute Truth is "possible"; it's that it never left. It's always been here. Enlightenment is a direct encounter with that fact. You can't comprehend the Absolute Truth by mind, nor is it an experience; but you can become aware or conscious that Truth is. That's really the only way I can describe it. It's like how you know when you've orgasmed during sex: you just know.  

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

@jjer94 Sorry about the second one. I worded that poorly.  I meant to say that awareness of Absolute Truth is possible through enlightenment.  If you just know, then is it the case that you will only know what's being talked about once you have taken the leap of faith and become aware yourself? If that is the case, how are there people here to seem to have an understanding?  Did the supposed 10,000 (I'm guessing Leo didn't really mean 10k, just a relatively small population) just stumble upon and join the forum? Are there even enlightened people here? Would you know you are enlightened if you are enlightened? 

5 hours ago, Saitama said:

1) Matter is an image and audible sensation in your mind. Everything that occurs, occurs within awareness. Try to think of something which is outside your awareness. Notice that it is impossible. All of reality occurs inside of awareness.

2) You are existence itself. You are being it right now. Enlightenment is simply the recognition of this fact.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Thanks for the clarification. I'm still struggling though. Wouldn't point #1 just be the perception is reality argument that appears frequently in philosophy?

I have decided to take the leap of faith and earnestly pursue enlightenment,but as I am in my mental cage, I struggle with this alien thing. At least, I think that's why I am struggling--following what I have learned from you.

All I know so far is to learn by questioning and finding answers. I also have been mediating everyday and plan to keep doing so. Is this a good plan?

The difference is that you are not being told to take this on as a position or a belief. You need direct consciousness of it. Don't believe anything I tell you. It will only harm you. My words are only here to get you to sit down and do your own work.

This is not like school where you can copy answers from another kid's test. You have to grasp everything yourself. Any answer you copy is automatically false.

This video tells you the exact method for how to become enlightened: http://www.actualized.org/articles/how-to-become-enlightened

Just sit down and start doing it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Thanks, I ended up stumbling upon that video shortly after I asked my question.