Cornyreal

How Do You Develop Your Sense Of Humor?

6 posts in this topic

Hey I would love to know how you develop your sense of Humor. Me personally I got involved with self-development since I was 17. Moreover, there are so many interesting topics I would like to discuss with you. I am developing many skills at the moment, and one of them is the sense of humor. I think it is a very critical point. It can help you so much in life like in dating, at your workplace, becoming happier with yourself, etc. . So I think everybody who is involved in self-development work should practice this skill.

Humor is for me a very exciting topic. I saw Leo's video about how to be funny, and I immediately started to change my filters, read comic books, watch movies hear some funny podcast and do every exercise Leo shows in his video. I want to improve my humor, and I am motivated because I can see that this is possible. I already have improved it a lot, but it could be much better. Leo's tips and tricks were priceless and helped me a lot, but I want to do more. 

So what is your opinion on this topic and what are you doing for improving your sense of humor?

Love, Amanuel 

P.S.: This Forum is awesome I love you guys keep doing you work! Thanks Leo for everything.

humor.pdf Summary of the video ...

Edited by pascha

I'd suggest to be as open minded as possible and to put everything on the same level: just as everything deserves to be respected, everything has the chance to be made fun of, and by doing that you shouldn't worry too much about respect,  because that's just going to make you filter what you say. Of course, the respect filter has to be on sometimes. It's better to not tell dead people jokes at the relatives of the dead one at a funeral. Or to make blaspheme jokes in a church. Play around with common sense, and when it's possible, twist it with your jokes.

Also a very important part of humor is how you tell it. Sometimes people can laugh at you just because you tell absurd jokes with a chill face, or because you make weird faces/poses and use a funny voice. Both these behaviours show that you are confident while being funny, amplifying the "oh no i can't believe they just said that" effect.

I think the best way to improve humor is by getting into a state of flow.True happiness and humor comes out when we are spontaneous. Now what is a state of flow? It's that strong state that we all have experienced at some time or another. We did it once, we can do that again. We are not just conscious of it.You can get in and out of your flow state on demand. You have to train yourself to be in a strong, beautiful state. Decide consciously to be in a beautiful state.

I think we all have sense of humour. It's just that we don't express ourselves. We can be really funny around my friends but maybe not to people we don't intimately know. To me therefore being funny is just being able to express yourself to anybody. Threat everybody as if they are already your friend. 

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

Think outside of the box. Make connections between seemingly unrelated events/topics. Innuendo. Watch stand up comedians, study how they act, try to get into their mindset. Write down what appear to be funny situations in your life and practice telling them to others. Try impressions, alter your voice. Spice things up a little, create a rich story.

Edited by Neuroticon

Lately I've been laughing at more and more trivial things, and allowing my sense of humour to experiment uncensored.

Endless nuance