ahmet sukru

What to do&eat during a retreat?

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I am going on a 5-day retreat.

I've rented a cabin within a garden, and during this period, there will be no communication devices, human contact, or even books. I just want to meditate and listen to myself.

I've been practicing meditation for many years, but this will be my first time going on such a hardcore retreat. I have a plan that includes yoga, breathwork, meditation, psychedelics, mandala painting, playing the guitar, and writing if I feel inspired. I will not brings books because I don't want any inputs as possible. I'd like to prepare a bit in advance since I won't want to do any online research while I'm there. Considering that extended periods of meditation might be challenging, I'm thinking of incorporating yoga before the meditation sessions and interspersing them with breathwork. Since I won't be going outside, I'll also need to bring 5 days' worth of food. I'm planning on consuming minimal food, mainly focusing on vegetables and nuts but I don't have much of an idea about food.

If you have any advice, experiences to share, or videos you'd like to recommend on this topic, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

23 minutes ago, De Sade said:

Do intermittent fasting

Lol. I was just about to say the same thing. 

@ahmet sukru Do some sort of fasting. Don't eat anything after midday, or eat only fruits for example.

Being on empty stomach will force you to be spiritually mindful. Being on full stomach will draw you towards lethargy and desire to avoid any kind of spiritual work.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@De Sade @Salvijus this is a good idea. I will do some research on this topic. However, do you have any suggestions about what I can eat when I do eat? I am somewhat underweight and not very interested in food. But still, I'm wondering if, for example, avoiding carbohydrates altogether or having a lack of protein might cause issues for me.

12 minutes ago, ahmet sukru said:

However, do you have any suggestions about what I can eat when I do eat?

No not really. At least I don't. Just eat fresh foods. Not cannned, not processed. Not frozen. 

53 minutes ago, ahmet sukru said:

I'm planning on consuming minimal food, mainly focusing on vegetables and nuts but I don't have much of an idea about food

Hopefully you're not talking about frozen vegetables.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

40 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

No not really. At least I don't. Just eat fresh foods. Not cannned, not processed. Not frozen. 

Hopefully you're not talking about frozen vegetables.

No, not frozen vegetables. But I think the vegetables I bring will start to get bad after 3 days. So I plan to bring dry fruits and nuts.

1 hour ago, ahmet sukru said:

@De Sade @Salvijus this is a good idea. I will do some research on this topic. However, do you have any suggestions about what I can eat when I do eat? I am somewhat underweight and not very interested in food. But still, I'm wondering if, for example, avoiding carbohydrates altogether or having a lack of protein might cause issues for me.

Avoid processed food,try something more basic. And don't eat it too much,being too full can get/make you lazy.