StarStruck

OneDrive OneNote backup

5 posts in this topic

My ABC map is backed up by OneDrive. And I see that OneNote backs up the OneNote file to this ABC map. Does that mean my OneNote file is backed up twice? Once backed up by OneDrive and another backup by OneNote? Or is it smart to have it backed up like this? I’m asking because my OneDrive is running low and I need to delete stuff. 

One Note should be part of OneDrive same as all your other Microsoft docs. Unless you have multiple accounts. Check if the notes on your PC match the notes on Cloud - if you go to OneDrive and open the virtual One Note it should have the same content. 

Alternatively just upgrade your storage, it's pretty cheap :) Are you on the 1TB package? 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 5 gb

Ok, that is what I thought. I thought OneNote had their own servers but they just use OneDrive as the cloud service. If I deleted the OneNote files from OneDrive that would have been disastrous. In that case I would have lost my files.

@StarStruck bro just upgrade the shit :D I have 1 TB for 50£ a year and it includes the entire office package. The cost is very fair imo 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus