Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emotionalmosquito

Countries are trying to pass laws to criminalize being offensive to women

5 posts in this topic

Anybody want to explain this massive load of BS? Obviously legit sexual harassment and being genuinely threatening should be punishable, but this? In what sane society would even the idea of such a thing not be immediately dismissed as utter hogwash? Apparently they’re actually trying to get this kind of shit passed into law. Imagine facing a seven year sentence because some woman overheard you telling your mates about the fun night you had with that girl from the club last weekend, or facing five years because you said something rude to your girlfriend or wife. This is the textbook definition of oppression and all it’s going to accomplish is pitting the genders against each other even more than they already are and lower the birth rate even further. 

We are well on our way to a full blown female dominated dystopian nightmare.

I live in Scotland and I heard not a single thing about this despite it being released in March. I can only find two articles about it online and both are quite biased. So it’s somewhat hard to get an accurate picture of what this is actually about.

You’re right, it’s pretty extreme the way it’s worded here and on the articles I could find. I doubt that it would be enforced in this way if it were introduced into law.

I would also say that a group of guys loudly talking about sexual conquests in public is not really acceptable behaviour, it should be discouraged. But this is probably not the way to do it.

Most places already have laws about being loud and obnoxious in public, as well as laws against public hate speech, this would likely be similar to those. They mostly only get enforced at the extremes or as part of more serious crimes.

@Emotionalmosquito Massive load of BS is absolutely correct here. Just inflammatory culture war nonsense. Nothing like this is happening in the UK. Both of our main political parties are competing to be the most "anti-woke", and the one currently in power is extremely culturally conservative. They are currently trying to intern refugees in Rwanda (as a deterrent), and are absolutely not instituting these laws.

On 7/31/2023 at 7:22 PM, something_else said:

I would also say that a group of guys loudly talking about sexual conquests in public is not really acceptable behaviour, it should be discouraged. But this is probably not the way to do it.

As long as you would also say the same goes for girls, fair enough. Personally I don’t think we should be restricting anyone like that. Here in the states, such laws would be a direct violation of our first amendment (freedom of speech) But if other countries have to pass some bs laws, at least make them not biased by gender, race etc.

18 hours ago, Samjc543 said:

and are absolutely not instituting these laws.

Sure hope not. 

Big part of why I made this thread is because I can easily see this coming to pass in some places. Society as I’ve experienced it seems to be very fertile soil for such policies to be rolled out. The level of consciousness that proposes these kinds of ideas is all over the place and it’s really bad in the west. A lot of why modern dating sucks so much can be attributed to this way of thinking.