Boethius

America stage Green

5 posts in this topic

How are you experiencing the shift from orange to green in the USA?

As an example. I think of the debate over mask use (I don't want to use a mask as I don't feel personally threatened by covid VS I should use a mask to protect those around me). In my own life I feel increasingly "guilty" if I know that some action (like air travel) increases overall carbon pollution, whereas I feel good if I know I am buying a product (like silicon straws) that reduces pollution. So in what ways do you find yourself (perhaps against your individual egoistic self!) moving more towards the overall good of humanity?

Understanding and open to learning about LGBTQ+ people and their perspective. Everyone deserves love. 10 years ago I was so close-minded about this stuff. Saying that they should keep it to themselves and private even though I was "okay with it" LOLOLOL

Edited by PenguinPablo

In my area, I've seen shift from orange to green. Ten years ago, my local supermarket didn't have organic foods and eco-friendly products like soaps and shampoos. Now, it's a different story.

Today, the supermarket has a whole table dedicated to organic fruits, a section for vegan meat and cheese alternatives, and a whole aisle for organic soaps and oils. The transformation came after a massive renovation in 2016, which added modern features like conveyor belts.

Interestingly, some stores in predominantly stage blue rural areas haven't caught up with these changes yet, as they haven't undergone similar renovations.

Edited by toasty7718

"It is from my open heart that I will mirror you, and reflect back to you all that you are:

As a being of love, of energy, 

of passion, and truth."

I grew up in Seattle, not the suburbs but the city itself, so I have the somewhat unique perspective of growing up in a green dominated environment. Only after moving out of Seattle did I realize how much of a bubble I was living in. One example of it being green is that every city policy is evaluated according to some framework to understand how it might impact minorities. 

I am not from USA, but today my junkman was boasting about nature and how he's helping to protect nature by taking old&salvageable stuff away from us. 

Green is just another playground for Orange. Green cannot operate itself without educated citizens. 

Rant over.