Jayson G

Conflicting success advice on actualized.org?

5 posts in this topic

I've been trying to integrate various success road maps, much of it which is on actualized.org, recommended books, and interviews and such on YouTube from successful people. 

I'd start by saying I watched Leo's "valuable things require development over time" video atleast 50+ hours of just this video. This for me is the most important success advice. 

Based on this roadmap, a life plan could look like this 

Daily routine, Training program 

- Morning routine focused on health, emotional mastery and consciousness

- 4 hours life purpose

- Evenings or weekends working on your relationships, social skills, etc. 

And you basically do this training program for decades, constantly iterating it on a daily, weekly and/or monthly basis. This training program being like a system, that you constantly iterate (imagine like a machine that you improve bit by bit, or a system like in systems thinking) 

Now say you do this training program for 10 years. In the "valuable things require development over time", the main principle Leo states is: "slow, steady consistent investing on a daily basis for years and decades", that you shouldn't be 1-year minded, but 10-year minded say. 

But where the conflict comes for me, is in the Life in chapters and phases video, as well as leo's recent advice to someone is that you sort of spend a few years on one chapter, a few years on another chapter. Like a few years on wealth, a few years on health, a few years on relationships, a few years on spirituality, etc. 

Wouldn't the few years be short-term, impatient, foolish thinking? But if I dig deeper, it might be foolish to expect really high results in a few years, even if its possible. But, to make a distinction, you could also just take a few years to just focus and get that part handled in your life such that by the end of a few years you may not have serious results in that area, but rather you have that aspect locked down in your life, such that you have the right training program in place, sort of automated that you're on the right path to expect great results over 10 years. 

On the other hand, if you did mean 2 to 4 years say for a chapter to get masterful results or serious results, then wouldn't that be impatient, obsessive, over-working? If the idea is to invest daily, bit by bit, drop by drop, then how can you get great results in a few years? To get such results you'd have to work really hard over those few years. 

In trying to integrate all this, my current road map is this: 

Slow steady consistent investing, on a daily basis, a 10 year plan. A 10+ year training program, where I do yoga 30 mins daily for 10 years, a solid meal plan daily for 10 years, etc. and every week I'll be iterating this training program. But also, Im considering this training program as a "base", and I'll also be implementing the life in chapters and phases concept, where I will be focused on one chapter at a time, but I will always have my base. This chapter would be built on this base. So I'll be out socializing on the weekends, pursuing my life purpose on the weekdays, but my chapter is life purpose right now. But even if my chapter is life purpose, I don't abandon my base. I don't abandon my socializing practice on the weekends. I don't abandon my healthy meal plan. And when I'm on my socializing chapter, I still have my base of healthy meal plan, kriya yoga, life purpose, etc. 

But then how hard do you work during each chapter, if the idea is to do slow steady consistent investing? 

@Leo Gura or anyone, if you could shine some light on this, how you integrated this, thought about this, any insights, etc. would be greatly appreciated. I've actually been thinking about this for years, integrating this for years, literally, as a top priority. I'm doing pretty good with my training program and mastering it, but would still like clarity on this. 

I do see the importance of focusing on one goal at a time though. I can attribute a lot of my lack of success to not focusing on one main goal. But then im concerned because a single goal could take a lot longer than I thought, and think maybe I should equally focus on many areas of my life. 

Former Tik Tok influencer starts a Life Mastery University.

Not all valuable things are built bit by bit. Your main things like career can be worked on 8hrs+ per day.

If you are working hours at a time on a thing you can create some amazing results within just 2-4 years.

But other things require a slower development time with less hours.

Also, I recommend you don't be too rigid about all this. I have rarely ever followed some strict schedule where I only work on one thing between the hours of X-Y for Z years. It tends to be much more messy and organic in practice.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Not all valuable things are built bit by bit. Your main things like career can be worked on 8hrs+ per day.

If you are working hours at a time on a thing you can create some amazing results within just 2-4 years.

But other things require a slower development time with less hours.

Also, I recommend you don't be too rigid about all this. I have rarely ever followed some strict schedule where I only work on one thing between the hours of X-Y for Z years. It tends to be much more messy and organic in practice.

Hmm, interesting points to think about.

Lol, ironically I put "Strict, Fixed Schedule Training Program" as my number 1 success principle. I never considered that this strictness is bad. I'm going to have to look into this deeper, a pretty new idea to me to be more messy and organic. But I can already sort of see its value. Scary though to abandon some of this strictness. 

45 minutes ago, Jayson G said:

I never considered that this strictness is bad.

Strictness can be good. It just depends on your style. Some personality types are well suited to strictness and others are not. I am not.

Your manner of work must suit your personality type.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Strictness can be good. It just depends on your style. Some personality types are well suited to strictness and others are not. I am not.

Your manner of work must suit your personality type.

Yeah I was doing some thinking on this after our conversation, I realized I definitely do need strictness, and actually enjoy that. Could be this part of development in my life. It's reliable, highly effective, and many other great things. Though exploring non-strictness actually mentally opened more doors for me, and Im seeing new ways of living right now.