Vercingetorix

Fainting While Meditating?

5 posts in this topic

So I meditated a SDS tonight and after an hour and 20 minutes I started getting a bit nauseous, it got stronger and after a minute or so I felt like  I'm just about to faint (I know the feeling well) so I ended my session and lay down until it passed.

It never happened to me before, before that I felt like my whole lower body felt asleep, especially the base of the spine was hurting a lot, could it be that my blood supply to the brain was somehow weakened because of pressure from the posture?

Would you think it's dangerous to faint during meditation?

Did anyone experienced or heard of something similar?

I was a somewhat tired and weak, usually I meditate fresh in the mornings, maybe it's just that?

Btw, I have a history of fainting when I'm very weak and dehydrated or when I lose a lot of Blood.

Edited by Vercingetorix

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

@Vercingetorix Yeah I've had that happen before, when I first started SDS my body went numb after about 45 minutes and I would feel really sore and tired and end up laying on the ground for a while. How long have you been doing SDS and are you used to doing sits for over 1 hour? It could be that your body isn't ready for the extended sits or it just sounds like you just ran out of energy

@LoreenaStrong Determination Sitting

@Bebop I'm used to doing 1 hour SDS ,in he last month I've done some 70-90 mins, but this time I was much more still (usually I adjust my back a few time). I also had a period of time when it felt that my whole body fell asleep but it passed. 

It's likely that i ran out of energy, I was working at a pretty hard and was quite tired.

Some part of me want to give on faint and see what happens but I am also afraid, it feels a bit like dying to me  ?

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

Yeah it definitely just sounds like you over exhausted yourself

11 hours ago, Vercingetorix said:

Some part of me want to give on faint and see what happens but I am also afraid, it feels a bit like dying to me  ?

Yeah I can definitely relate with that, I've had that feeling a few times and I've never been able to fully surrender to it. I've heard that focusing on the heart area when it happens helps with the fear, it seems to work in my experience