Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marten98

How to deal with limitations? (health crises etc)

6 posts in this topic

Hey I'm 24 years old and suffering from chronic health issues. (Gut stuff and chronic fatigue mainly) I already did pretty much everything treatment wise and visited the best doctors/naturopaths/coaches, so I dont need tips there. My health definitely improved but I still experience symptoms. 

I can see now how this limitation keeps me humble and oriented towards my highest path which lies in truth and being love. It stops me from indulging in degenerative, self destructive behaviour and chasing dopamine highs. It lets me focus on my business in app development (thankfully already quite successful) and deepenig my awakenigs and cuts all the other crap out. It also helped me heal old trauma and helped to erode a big part of my false sense of self.

Sometimes I still feel the pain of not being able to do stuff others are doing. (Which I ultimately know wont make me happy). But still sometimes its hard to accept limitation. I still believe I can heal myself if I make it a top priority, but it requires great self discipline. 

Because I slowly got the money thing down, I do engage in game/pickup right now because I know that's a karma I can't just let go of. It's fun but I still feel like this drains me sometimes and I need to be extra careful where I invest my energy into. 

I feel like playing life on hard mode. Also feel like it's me making sure that I go down the right path in life. The potential for inner growth is enormous but still it's fu*king hard sometimes.

I know some of you guys and Leo as well have similar experiences. Do you have any tips on how to deal with limitation/illness mentally?

Edited by Marten98

31 minutes ago, Marten98 said:

I feel like playing life on hard mode.

Welcome to life in the hard lane.

How do you deal with it? You suffer and use the suffering to fuel the rest of your development.

You learn to accept yourself as you ARE, not some fantasy of what you should be.

You learn to be more gentle with yourself.

You learn to fully own your uniqueness and not to let anyone to gaslight you or impose their ideas on you, because they don't know what burdens you must live with.

You learn to manage your time better than others do.

You focus on your blessings, gifts, and strengths.

You focus on the Beauty of Consciousness.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

Thank you. That goes to my reminders on my Smartphone.

Not letting people gaslight you is a big one. Many simply cant understand (not eating certain foods, going to bed on time, spending time alone etc).

Good thing Im aware that I am only imagining them lol. But I need to practice setting these boundaries with people.

That is a good list Leo and the mature way to deal with it. I love it.

Another question (less important but interesting): Do you tell people who you are dating or friends etc? I dont want to be commiserated. Tell them if relevant and then be lighthearted about it. Is that the move?

PS: "Im Trimming my social garden" is a phrase that Mystery uses in many of his infields. The whole "I demonstrate high value by showing that I dont like to hang out with just anyone" seems to work well with chicks. Also good life advice generally probably. 

Edited by Marten98

32 minutes ago, Marten98 said:

Do you tell people who you are dating or friends etc?

On a need-to-know basis only.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Hey dude,

I'm 22 and I've struggled with POIS for about 6 years. I've managed to reverse a lot of my symptoms, but I am still chipping away at a lot of the unique ways it has fucked up my life. I need to adhere to a very strict diet to basically be normal. 

Here are some of the things I've learnt along the way off the top of my head:

- The importance of taking ownership over your health & life - it's the only way things will improve. Recommend: Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink.
- Paradoxically realizing & accepting you only have so much control. Do what you absolutely can to improve, but don't get unnecessarily stressed at trying to fix things
- Radical honesty with others - opening up to your parents, friends, etc about your condition & struggles will take a lot of the stress off your back. It will also help those around you to understand your circumstances
- Mentor yourself through the rough times - become your own best friend 
- Embrace your authentic self fully, both your highs (your strengths/gifts) & the lows (your condition) - integrate both of these into your life purpose & character. I'm still discovering my life purpose, but one thing I am doing as a small bet is to create videos talking about my condition & the journey it has taken me on - so far I am thoroughly enjoying it
- Another thing you could perhaps look into is autobiographies of interesting & successful people who've had to endure a lot of hardship, mental/physical health issues, etc. I always find these very liberating to read, especially the weird types lol

I am also in a phase of my life where I am also exploring cold approach & meeting new women. One of my challenges is food restrictions - I wish I could enjoy a coffee or some Vietnamese food without worrying about how it's going to affect my mood and anhedonia. I am still learning what foods I can get away with. 

I recorded a detailed 1.2hr video of my 6-year journey with POIS on my YouTube channel. You might find it relatable or comfortable in certain aspects of dealing with a chronic health condition. I share a lot of my insights there.

Good luck brother and my DMs are always open :D

https://www.youtube.com/@tommicallef 

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." - Joseph Campbell

@tezk Thanks for the answer and the tips. I'll check out the book (also know him from YT) and watch your video. Very interesting stuff. If we can stay in this mindset we can handle it man.