StarStruck

One can learn so much from kids

4 posts in this topic

I went to a swimming pool and I was baffled. These kids were selfish, entitled, cheated waiting lines all time and were a constant nuisance. My thoughts were fuck them kids!! I thought women were all that but kids are just another level. I got triggered so much because I don’t involve myself with them that often. 

I’m glad I did because it offered me so much integration work. Yes, they had those bad qualities but at the same time they were good natured, were testing personal borders all the time, but were respectful at the same time in a weird way. I appreciated their positive outlook on life and childlike wonder. Ok, there were some fucked up kids between them but even the fucked up kids weren’t as fucked up as the average person by trauma. Yes some crossed several waiting lines and I had to put my foot down in a loving way without being toxic. But after my short integration and contemplation work I don’t even look bad at kids anymore. What I judged in them I integrated and I’m trying to integrate in myself.

Interacting with kids is so important to stay young at heart, and their energy is almost healing in a weird way. If you are only dealing with adults in your life you are missing out on personal development. In my opinion one should involve oneself not only with young people, but with old people and all walks of life including poor and rich people. It really enriches the psyche through triggering yourself and integrating parts of the other that you judge. If you aren’t triggered at least once a month by people you aren’t getting out of your shell. 

Edited by StarStruck

Little Baby Gods lol, Full of unlimited life, energy, and creativity without all the baggage, expectations and conformity that comes with "growing up"

6 hours ago, Dauntment said:

Little Baby Gods lol, Full of unlimited life, energy, and creativity without all the baggage, expectations and conformity that comes with "growing up"

LoL

Having a little sister, and regularly observing her play with her friends, has revealed the same thing to me. I'd like to share my experience:

There's this kid who is short tempered, impatient, practically a genius, and very selfish. She employs manipulation tactics and all, which is obvious to an adult like me, but just good enough to deceive other kids. There's another kid who's really just slow compared to other kids, in understanding, physical activity and speed of speaking. There's another who's very confident in herself, and unlike others, when the first-mentioned kid tries to manipulate her it almost always fails. She also loves to play pranks, but it will certainly hurt your feelings if you're not integrated. There's another who's very shy and takes no sides. I mean it's a lively bunch, but there are a LOT of fights. Mainly because of the manipulator-kid taking advantage of her louder-voice and other things. So I have to often solve these disputes between the kids, and it has taught me a LOT.

Firstly, every kid has a good intention, but they are a copy of the average personality of their family. They are all 7 - 9 year olds and it's only the older ones who have started developing a personality separate from their family. Secondly, the stereotypes we have about certain groups of people is entirely visible in the children. They are the perfect examples of let's say a selfish-prick or a people-pleaser, depending on the kid. But such perfect examples are rare in adults. Thirdly, they are very focused on your tone and choice of words. Way more than the meaning of the words itself. To teach them any sort of nuance, you can't do it through words. You have to get them to experience it, but it's really hard to come up with such scenarios. Finally, it seems to me that their brain is capable of thinking in a sophisticated manner it's just that they can't grasp those sophisticated concepts and use it as a tool in their thinking.

Honestly, handling kids reveals to oneself a lot about what they judge, hate and demonize. About what they can't love and what they don't accept. Normally we effortlessly and without awareness, avoid such things due to the way we lead our lives. But with kids, it's unavoidable, which is great opportunity for growth.
Adults are great at hiding bad behavior, so you don't have much practice in dealing with it head on, but kids don't know how to hide it, and all their selfishness and tactics are on your face, so... can you still love them?