Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobby_2021

Will you "let things happen" or "happen to things" ?

7 posts in this topic

This is one of the most profound paradoxes that I am battling with. When you are a human being born and doing things, the biggest joys you can experience is to let the universe happen to you. It is like going to the zoo or planetarium and simply marveling at life. But if you want to sit and marvel at life, you need to make it happen. 

Because there are enemies that could get in the way of your things which may not let it happen. The enemy is your own Ego mind. It brings its own biases and needs onto you that you cannot simply sit and enjoy reality. So you need to take control and get things in order.

If you want to happen to things, then you cannot sit and marvel at reality. You are always in the drivers seat always in observation of the most minute things happening in reality that you simply enjoy the beauty life in the passenger seat.

The integration of the paradox entails that you will be able to enjoy life equally in the drivers seat and passenger seat as well.

Newbie drivers cannot enjoy while driving. But newbies cannot enjoy as much as the driver while being in the passenger seat as well, if you have noticed.

It is a beautiful paradox.

You need to work so hard and make things happen so effortlessly even for all the edge cases, that nothing can really get in your way, which allows you to enjoy the process as well.

Beautiful. Have thought about this too recently, you put it into words elegantly.

9 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

Beautiful. Have thought about this too recently, you put it into words elegantly.

Indeed. Thank you. I got inspired by reading a Da vinci quote on similar lines. 

13 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Indeed. Thank you. I got inspired by reading a Da vinci quote on similar lines. 

What was the quote may I ask ?

11 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

What was the quote may I ask ?

"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things."

-Leonardo Da Vinci

51 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things."

-Leonardo Da Vinci

????