WonderSeeker

i'm a scientist and ...

22 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, CARDOZZO said:

@WonderSeeker Thanks for recommending Zan!

I'm watching this:

He's great!! :D 

Hell ya! I think he's just as good as Owen. They take different angles and have different teaching methods. Zan is more about metaphysical beauty.

I think his latest 21 convention speech (2023) was even better, though this one is classic ZP. The alabaster girl is in my top 3 books of all time. It's gold, and he gives them away for free (minus shipping) on his website! Not sure if he's still doing that tho-

https://arsamorata.com/about-the-alabaster-girl/

22 hours ago, WonderSeeker said:

green transcends and includes orange. no contradiction if the green person still wants to do science. what chages is they are more open-minded, take on a systems-approach, and want to collaborate with people of different demographics (diversity/inclusion stuff).

This is incorrect.  Green is NOT a second-tier stage, therefore it doesn't "transcend and include" Orange.

It rejects Orange.  This is Spiral Dynamics 101.  

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is false.

Many scientists are university professors and their whole culture is Green. Scientists are most likely to be somewhere between Orange and Yellow, with many squarely at Green.

Green is a wide and nuanced stage. The problem here is that by consuming too much social media you've turned Green into a cartoon caricature and vastly oversimplified and demonized it.

Leo, you're missing my point.  I'm not arguing that many scientists aren't self-proclaimed or self-identified Green.  I'm arguing that they're full of shit and their stance is ultimately a self-contradiction.

Your argument for nuance is an argument for confusion and cognitive dissonance and having your cake and eating it too.  The two are simply incompatible at a fundamental level, and no amount of trying to thread the needle fixes the fundamental contradictions.

This is all resolved by scientists going to the 2nd tier, of course.

Edited by SeaMonster