Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TJM1959

Toxicity And A Hazmat Suit...

6 posts in this topic

I share this in an effort to understand or maybe just to rant about the collective negative = toxicity of our mainstream culture. A newbie to awareness work, and because I believe that we are all organically connected somehow, I find it extremely challenging to not be sucked into everyone's negative, drama-driven, toxic bullshit. I find myself asking, "how are you really doing today" with the intent to connect with other human beings(being human), to be real, and I'm almost vomited on with victimhood, self pity, drama and narcissistic self absorbed responses. Are you fucking serious? Is this epidemic? Why would you not share with me the amazing shit going on in your life or don't you? A side note: I'm not a receptacle, I just ask the deeper question. I have watched Leo's vid on toxic people and now find an awareness to the depth and this somewhat depressing/powerless/life sucking observation. In closing, where do I get the hazmat suit?

Whenever I think of this situation I apply this quote

Jiddu-Krishnamurti-health-quotes.jpg

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

On a serious note though, you gotta find that imaginary hazmat suit within yourself. Life is shitty and people are shittier. The real power is in the power of acceptance. Accept that people are this way and the dissonance will vanish. It took some time for me to come to terms with people being repulsive and toxic. It does get on your nerves.

But you know every cloud has a silver lining. Positivity can beat any shit,, really it can. People are people, they got not much power over you, don't give them so much power. Find power within yourself, Survival is tough, so be strong,

Although I try staying positive I still think of this very often that how I or anyone can survive and thrive in a very hostile and narcissistic toxic negative environment. Would love to hear more perspectives on this one.

Btw this question had been bothering me since ages.

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Loreena I have a lot of information on surviving Narcissistic folks after dealing w/ my parents and an ex who was level 10 batshit crazy, if you're interested feel free to send me a message about the situation and I'll see what I can dig up that might be of some use.

@TJM1959 People are the way they are and there is nothing really we can do about it. What we can do is look inside ourselves and find the beliefs that people should be in a certain way. It can be tricky to not to get sucked into there drama but it gets easier when we stop judging them.