CARDOZZO

Why You Don't Resolve Yourself - Brendan Lea

5 posts in this topic

Future is happening right NOW...

Do you want to resolve/fix yourself with spirituality and self-development?

I have bad news for you...

Fix the fixing... that's the only way out :D 

Edited by CARDOZZO

Isn't this essentially what I said to you in the 'feeling incomplete' thread you made?

Although, he didn't touch on two aspects that seem to feed the 'broken' and 'incomplete' idea and feeling.

Our desire, which includes all the different forms of yearning that express themselves in us physically, emotionally and psychologically. He did kind of hint at it by saying we continue to live life with the chop wood carry water tangent but to really hone in on how to overcome desire isn't to even overcome it. It's to not identify with the desire which often makes us feel 'broken' or 'incomplete'. We don't erase or dissolve desire, we just don't let it rule our being, it doesn't define our experience, it doesn't disturb our peace because our presence transcends desire.

The other is expectations. We may find ourselves with the impression that things should, could and would be different and that different circumstance is where and when the complete and healed us is. He does kind of touch on that by stressing the now which is a powerful realization and his 'predict the future' bit alludes to expectation without using the word. Although, to really get a deeper insight into it this can be plainly said that expectation is one of the seeds of self suffering and discontent. Again, to not identify with them is to transcend them.

You may say to me that these things I point to are obvious things we all know and understand but I'd reply with it isn't just knowing and understanding them, it's realizing them. Make them real in our experience, cease to identify with these things, and we rob them of the power to create self suffering in us. It doesn't mean we have to erase or dissolve them to be liberated, though we may weaken or quiet them through this but don't let a desire or expectation of dissolving them create separation from well being in us.

Poor fella, he was laboring through that video and I did find it a little distracting, I thought he was going to barf at a couple of points. It is a testament to his resolve!

I guess the old saying 'don't fix what isn't broken' has a new twist in meaning if applied to this topic.

23 hours ago, SOUL said:

Isn't this essentially what I said to you in the 'feeling incomplete' thread you made?

Exactly that.

Things are so connected at a deep level :D 

You need an answer... BOOM! 

Being and Becoming....

The ultimate paradox.