Michael569

Share Your Unusual Meditation Experiences

23 posts in this topic

@oysterman  interesting. 

I can relate to to few of " closed eyed sensations". Occasionally my hands feel like they melted together into one solid piece of jelly or something very smooth. Also I tend to lose a sense of my feet, sometimes I wiggle them just to make sure my toes are still, there :D

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I've had many weird experiences.but one of them was very different,and it is not easy for me to explain it.because when I try to explain it does not even seem real to myself.

I was meditating with my eyes closed.I was listening to my wall clock ticking,and the sound of distant cars moving in the streets out of my room's window.and then,suddenly without any attempt,I became one with my room.I was the walls,the clock that was still ticking,and the cold window of the room,and everything else inside the room even the body.I sat there for maybe about 2-3 minutes,very peacefully and comfortable.an then slowly "I" came back into the body and I felt that I was inside my body again.and the weird thing for me was that all of this experience,at that moment,was not weird at all!it felt very natural to me.it happened,and then I was myself again,I opened my eyes and went outside of my room.It was just after a while that I realized what a weird shit just happened to me.and it was awesome!

I have had quite a few weird meditation experiences. Such as: Laughing uncontrollably, speaking in tongues, spitting, screaming, spontaneous mudras and asanas. The weirdest by far is sometimes my body, involuntarily, will jump off the couch and start pacing around the house, while screaming and speaking in tongues. It honestly feels like I am possessed sometimes. :D