ValiantSalvatore

Changing values entirely from my life purpose

3 posts in this topic

Is it generally adviceable to change values from my life purpose when I don't feel I resonate with them anymore, is this an intended part of the course @Leo Gura?

I am unsure if I resonate with two values, as I appreciate mastery and exellence more than I thought, even when I don't perfectly achieve it, it gives me a lot of self-motivation to contemplate these concepts. Any thoughts to this, I would exchange them most likely for the value of connection & honesty, I never knew what to do with these and I could implement them back, when they are more apparent in my life.

Is switching values generally good? As I do a review of them quaterly now for a couple of years, and I find the core of it revolves more around mastery and exellence I would even include both and make it 12 values, as these two are just so important to my life and I never considered it that deeply, also to even ask etc.

Any thoughts to this? I would change connection & honesty to exellence and mastery, as I do enjoy this more and I feel would give me more the character I yearn to build and strive for, I did the course 6 years ago so obviously I changed a lot, and the value of exellence just became more apparent the better I became at stuff, especially weight lifting and exercise.

The value of connection feels like it needs some trauma work, and I already know what type of person fits more into this, if I even contemplate topics like compatible trauma, to go a bit on a tangent. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

I think as long as you are honest and the new values you are adopting are your highest values, it is healthy to change them. From what it sounds like to me you may be going from stage green to stage yellow. 6 years is a long time. Generally I find myself to be a completely different person from who I was just 5 years ago. Your values changing is a sign of growth. Also, I don't know why you would have to give up connection and honesty in order to have excellence and mastery. They could go hand in hand. 

6 hours ago, Ninja_pig said:

I think as long as you are honest and the new values you are adopting are your highest values, it is healthy to change them. From what it sounds like to me you may be going from stage green to stage yellow. 6 years is a long time. Generally I find myself to be a completely different person from who I was just 5 years ago. Your values changing is a sign of growth. Also, I don't know why you would have to give up connection and honesty in order to have excellence and mastery. They could go hand in hand

Yeah, I uncovered a whole pack of new values from becoming and functioning fully at construct aware and teal+ mostly at Yellow/turqouise as my Turqouise does not get along with Green and I regress to Yellow as I get bored with the perspective a lot, they don't like it that I draw so many connections and become overwhelmed generally and lack the insane curiosity generally and open-mindedness of Yellow. I basically grew during these 5-6 years during ideal times almost to full turqouise, yet I am mostly stuck at Turqouise/yellow & Yellow/turqouise having to work on integrating lower stages (which I even did during these 6 years immensely). I did two Wilber courses and consumed so much this was my main focus on these 5 years, I noticed now I started to late even then, and that I need to change values drastically, as so much changed for me even just by exploring my own stupidity. I noticed when I did some breathwork today, that there are some held up traumas that deny, bodily joy, energy, positivity and even the vibration close to smth. like enlightenment, if you ever exercised so intensely and felt something beyond peace... I would not know how to describe it else during exercise and practicing smth excellently besides pure creativity, dao, ego transcendence, "god" etc. etc. 

Connection feels like a burden, as I see it more intellectually and I did some slight mistakes, Leo also said it's fine as I sometimes am rigid with structure due to fear. I was Green already at 10 or so, as I had a super liberal upbringing, and I notice now how that caused some trauma and neglect of lower stages like blue and red even. I am also quiet soon done with exhausting Yellow I notice. I can't stomach more models without moving into my body more deeply. I also had a regress in these years for one year approx. to just something below Teal it felt to me. 

I re-assessed values so often, I do have to see what rings true emotionally the most I find currently honesty and connection are such cliche values and due to life circumstances I don't appreciate them as a "direct" capital V value. Connection I noticed this value is based on trauma and conditioning, as I re-assed my values the last 2-3 years and honesty is something so fundamental to me, I don't need it as an explicit value and see it expressed mostly in mastery, this gives more drive for self-motivation as an EQ concept. These values also always end up at the bottom, when I re-adress them and mostly cause me stress when I think about them. Exellence is by far the largest motivatior I noticed I had in my life when I focused on all these drives and stages, and it's also a huge stage orange craving (again referring to Wilbers course here) craving, and I did not even notice I did not exhaust karmic cravings from orange that much based on exellence.

My current issue is gettig to TIER 3 and even better career/life purpose positions, as I notice some values that feel closer to home, that are multiple issues, let alone not having a functional Yellowish structure for proper development etc. 
I simply don't resonate for multiple more "personality theory and typology reaons and trauma reason" on these values and I notice how my entire internal to external field changes just by adopting one of these it's insane. 

I just noticed as back then, that the drive for exellence even in spiritual pursuits and mastery as well as other values they for sure go hand in hand many of them, I just noticed when I do more refinement of them, the core solidifies and through re-iterating I come closer to how I'd like to enjoy living when I am even 80. I doubt for example the value of wisdom will be important to me, till I am 40-50 years old. I value consciouness and awareness, yet I see wisdom differently, and yearn for more knowledge. I noticed I neglected my yellow & Orange cravings due to to greenish perceptions of stage turquoise, which are still true, yet often lack the cognitive component without this... this is not even possible that much. 

I change majorly every 2-3 years approx. I am now at the end almost of another 3 year cycle of heavy changes, yet this has always been the case I definitely could change my values every 2-3 years. Connection and honesty are just a given currently, I can't value it at the current level of consciouness I would value interconnection more than connection. etc. etc. When I contemplate mastery, I was to sure of myself that these values would not change that fast, the same with goals.

I would also now value union,interconnectedness more than simply the word conncetion, if you catch my drift it's to "society matrix" based. 

Thanks for replying and just being open to beign reflective.  No need to read.

Edited by ValiantSalvatore